AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fixed the annoying 'mirroring' problem I was having with the H.Move adjustment on the pj, but now I have a vertical band showing up in the picture. Here is a pic: http://bugman.50megs.com/proj_images/Vert_band.JPG (its hard to see - looks worse in person).

The band goes away if I set the h.move to "off", but then the other problem comes back. I can move the band with the h.move function, but its either keep the band, or loose the band but keep the other 'mirroring' problem. I've re-adjusted everything several times - is there a fix for this? Should I start re-seating cards & chips? Other ideas?

Thanks,

--Eric

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I'm not sure I remember what your "other problem" was...I'll have to read some more...but you always want to use "NO MOVE" on the ECPs. The electronic move control has adverse effects on the image. It's pretty well documented in here that nearly any "line problem" will be met with at least one solution to "set the control to no move."

Set it back to "NO MOVE" and try to fix the other problem.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Jay's on it. As you move your raster image left and right, strange stuff will happen. If you need to move the image, I think you can probably get a couple of clicks in each direction without the image going too weird, but much more than that will cause strange problems very similar to what you've described.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to use the move option though... If I set it to 'no move' I dont get the vertical line, but I get a much worse problem (horizontal foldover - the left portion of the screen is brighter than the right, and sometimes it has reflections in it). So right now its either keep one of the other. Is there a way to get rid of horizontal foldover w/o the move option?

Thanks,

--Eric

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
If you're using a HTPC, you would use PowerStrip to move the image.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Plus, with a proper mechanical setup, you shouldn't need to move the image too much.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not using HTPC.

What do you consider proper mechanical setup? I've done most everything in the service manual that can be achieved w/o an oscilloscope & an extender board.

What specifically can I do to reduce the need for the h.move and NOT get horizontal foldover & the vertical band??????

--Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.