AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first I was planning on installing a manual pull-down screen for my new projector, but I'm concerned about flatness and waviness, so I've had another idea:

I plan to buy a 110" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall fixed frame screen and ceiling mount it using eye bolts as per the Stewart installation instructions.

To move the screen out of the way when I'm not using it, I'm thinking of putting another set of eye bolts on the bottom of the screen frame and swinging the screen up and hooking to to another set of anchors on the ceiling so that it lies flat against the ceiling.

The questions I have are: is the screen frame rigid enough to permit this without bending? Will the screen material itself develop a sag as a result of being in a horizontal plane most of the time?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I called Stewart and asked them: this is not a good idea as the screen material will sag and eventually develop a "bowl" shape.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.