Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What are some pro's and cons's if everything is created equal???

With fixed I can mask,with electric I can mask with drapes horizontal but not vertically.

What else???

Larry

·
Registered
246 Posts
Electric screens cost thousands of dollars...

The biggest benefit IMO is the ability for the electric to tension the screen and to mask for aspect ratio by pressing a button. A friend of mine set his electric screen up this way.....he paid $4500 for it. A fixed screen of comparable material will be WAY WAY cheaper.

MQ25

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
fixed screen always stays in the perfect position.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well there are "pros and cons" to fixed and electric screens. However, a lot of it depends on which one works in your situation. Electric screens can start in the less than $1000 range, and go up to about whatever you want to spend. Fixed screens start in the $300ish range, and can go up to pretty much anything to want to spend as well. Masking systems can sometimes be added to fixed screens, depending on the model. With electric, you have to buy the masking built into the screen when you order, and that can get pricey.

I think that for dedicated rooms, most people opt for fixed. People who need electric (ie. family room or something) will opt for that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

I have a center channel that was going to be horizontal but I want it veritcal so I have to move the screen wall out 12 inches and was evaluating what to do. My first seating is 10 ft ,second is 14 ft and third row is 18 ft(approx.). I was going to go with a 110 diag but will go with a 100 wide(114 diag). 16:9. this might be to big for the first row.

Decisions,Decisions!!!

I will be using Screen Research Screen since it is acoustically transparent or neutral.

It is much easier to give advice to others then to yourself.

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.