AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend has a ReplayTV 2000 series remote with a bum play button. I have a feeling I could fix it for him if I knew how to open the remote in such a way that it could be closed again. Has anyone done this before?

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rob: The link I used gave a little more commentary on disassembly than your direct link, which I felt might be helpful. I noticed in your article on disassembly there is no mention of the repair of worn out buttons, which is probably one of the main reasons why people want to disassemble their remotes. In the Manuals section, most remotes have a reference labelled General: Fixing worn out buttons. It might be helpful to those who don't know how to negotiate your site if the information on repairing worn out buttons was incorporated into the section on how to disassemble UEIC remote controls, so it would be immediately available without further searching.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, you're not the only one who has noticed that goo...

There was a thread on this same topic 6mos-1 yr back...

My remote on my Showstopper was having the same problems - slow select button, etc... Well, I opened my remote and cleaned off that goo and my remote was good as new... however that solution was only temporary as my remote continuallys gets worse over time between cleanings...

anyone have a solution for this? Once I open it up and clean it, it works great but that stuff reaccumulates over time... I have no idea what it is ...

For the record, I dont drink wine or have any pets...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.