AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem. Along the left 1/4 of the screen the is some horizontal compression of the image. From the service menu, it is possible to adjust the vertical geometry of the TV with several settings giving indepedent control over multiple regions. I have been unable to find any that allow adjustment of horizontal geometry of selected regions of the screen. Does anyone have an idea of which menu item I might be able to use to expand only the left 1/4 of the screen in the horizontal direction. And if it is not possible to do from the service menu, is this something that could be fixed by a technician?

Thank you,

Craig

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my set when it first arrived. I had some lines in the upper left part of the screen. Yes, you can adjust the size of the image in the service menu. Do some searches, and you will find out how to access it and what to adjust. Basicaly, all I did was change the vertical position of the screen and slightly increase the vertical size of the picture. Sounds like you need to do that with the horizontal. Good luck.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MChilli
Hello,

I had a similar problem with my set when it first arrived. I had some lines in the upper left part of the screen. Yes, you can adjust the size of the image in the service menu. Do some searches, and you will find out how to access it and what to adjust. Basicaly, all I did was change the vertical position of the screen and slightly increase the vertical size of the picture. Sounds like you need to do that with the horizontal. Good luck.
I think the problem may be that the corresponding linearity, etc. adjustments may not be there for horizontal. Size and centering, yes -- but I have not found the equivalent of VLIN. Still looking, though.

Phil

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not a 1/4" along the left of the screen. Is the left 1/4 of the screen. As Phil has pointed out I am hoping for the horizontal equivalent of VLIN. I can't just overscan the picture more, or I would end up with way too much overscan. Is this something a SONY technician would even be able to fix?

Craig

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by C Schelp
It is not a 1/4" along the left of the screen. Is the left 1/4 of the screen. As Phil has pointed out I am hoping for the horizontal equivalent of VLIN. I can't just overscan the picture more, or I would end up with way too much overscan. Is this something a SONY technician would even be able to fix?
I'd definitely call in a tech, Craig. It could have to do with components inside the set. And this does sound like a severe problem.

I had some success improving geometry in the Service Menu of my KV-34XBR800 yesterday. But this was minor tweaking of a situation which was adequate to begin with. I suspect yours needs a tech to fix it.

Phil

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Nees to get into the S.M. that Phil was talking about, go down to my signature click on bottom URL how to calibrate. It has all the major brands, click on Toshiba and/or read to you feel confident enough.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.