AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -

Basically the bottom line of my story is that I have an out of warranty 50PX600U and when plugged in the red power light blinks 7 times, and will not turn on. From the research I've done so far, I found the follow:

"7 blinks Driver SOS 2 SU / SD / SS Boards

(SC floating voltage area)"

SC=scan drive

SD=scan out (lower)

SS=sustain drive

SU=scan out (upper)

I am a very technical savvy person and can, with the proper parts, install them in the TV if that is a possibility.

Does anybody out there have any repair suggestions/workarounds. The repair companies, as always try to sap you for your money... $60 just for an estimate!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some really good info in that PDF, thanks a lot. Now - if I am to find where the fault is, what is the best way to go about getting parts? Where can I search/purchase a specific part?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be great if someone out there could point me in the right direction for buying replacement parts for the TV. I plan on diagnosing the problem and buying the appropriate replacement part for the one that was malfunctioning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Herman, Andrews, Tritronics Inc., Pacific Coast Parts, but you need to buy through a TV repair to get a warranty and core return credit. Disconnect the SU and SD boards first. If both are good, you need to check the SC board. I've seen this problem caused by a bad D board on a 50PX75U. 7 blinks.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Man I wish they had a service manual like that for my CRT when it crapped out. That would have made it so much easier to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mkinn,

could you be a little more specific about your troubleshooting for the D board as far as disconnecting the SS and SD boards first? Are you saying disconnect those two boards then try powering on again and see if it still has the 7 blinks?

A little clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts