AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my XA2 arrived and it looks like it may have been damaged in shipping-the disc tray door was jutting out sideways and no matter how much tinkering I do, I can't get it to pop back into place (if that is even possible).

So while I wholly expect FedEx to put up a fight on the delivery damage claim, I'm thinking ahead to how I could try to fix it if the ruling goes against me.

Can the disc tray door be removed or popped back into place? Has anyone around here ever tried to fix anything like this before?

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
When my A35 was shipped, the disc tray door just flopped down. I ended up opening my unit and finding a spring rolling around inside. Reconnected that and I was fine.

Have you tried opening your XA2? You might be able to realign whatever is wrong.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/14186180

When my A35 was shipped, the disc tray door just flopped down. I ended up opening my unit and finding a spring rolling around inside. Reconnected that and I was fine.

Have you tried opening your XA2? You might be able to realign whatever is wrong.

I've tried opening up the disc tray door as much as I can/dare...it looks like there is a pin on the left side, but I don't see anything similar on the right side.

I tried looking but didn't see any loose springs.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The door that flips down is attached to the face, the drawer the comes out is actually a disc drive like you would find in a computer. I think that afrogt was trying to say you may need to actually take the unit apart, but that it was easy to fix the A35 because it was just a loose spring.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzz#836 /forum/post/14187755

The door that flips down is attached to the face, the drawer the comes out is actually a disc drive like you would find in a computer. I think that afrogt was trying to say you may need to actually take the unit apart, but that it was easy to fix the A35 because it was just a loose spring.

Ugh.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/14192312

Its real easy to take apart, only a few screws. Give a try.

Win or lose with the shipping company, I guess I'll have to try. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed, or I'll be stuck with a disfigured XA2.

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
If its the door on the faceplate of the unit, just take off the screws to remove the unit cover. Then to remove the faceplate lift up on the two tabs and it should come right off. I would think you'd be able to fix the door unless a tab is broken.

If is the actual door on the drive, that's a different story. Then you'll definitely need to work with Fedex.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts