AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this message is appropriate in this forum, but searching on the internet has not led me anywhere helpful. I'm looking to add an FL-D filter to my Panasonic AE200 projector and I had a couple questions about availability and specifications.

First of all, what size do I need to fit over the lens, like mm rating? Panasonic's site gives me a lens size of 22 mm- 26.2 mm range, which seems a little odd. What are AE100 users using?

Also, where would one purchase such a filter? eBay seems likely, but I don't know what size to purchase.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Mike,

I looked into this possibility awhile ago as well, but just as a refresher, what is the FL-Day filter suppose to do for the projector again? I have the AE200. Is it suppose to improve blacks? Contrast? Even at a small improvement, it does seem to be a pretty low-cost tweak if effective.

William

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Quote:
I looked into this possibility awhile ago as well, but just as a refresher, what is the FL-Day filter suppose to do for the projector again? I have the AE200.
It will magically make the ae200 perform much better than the z1....even if you were to slap one of the filters onto the z1.:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
At least on the AE100, the FL-D filter improves the perception of contrast ratio and black level. It may also reduce the perceived screendoor slightly. I have this filter on my AE100 and I like the effect. Many have complained that it saps a little of the color punch but I do not agree.

As always, YMMV.

David

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm red-green color deficient (my eyes suck at seeing the color :) ), so the "color punch" is lost on me anyway. I'm looking forward to trying this out. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.