AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some good FLAC audio encoding software. Specifically, I'm not looking for the encoder itself, but a good front end with the ability to:

* Rip directly from CD

* Encode metadata (well!)

* Ability to convert FLAC -> MP3

* Some type of automation would be a plus -- my goal is to re-rip all of my CDs in FLAC

I know it's really easy to find *something* that does this -- I'm just looking for some suggestions!

Free is preferred, but I'm not against paying for a quality product.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Try Foobar and Media Monkey. Both are free but you can upgrade to premium for a fee. I've used both, prefer Media Monkey but those two are a good place to start, imo.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedy /forum/post/20964785

I'm looking for some good FLAC audio encoding software. Specifically, I'm not looking for the encoder itself, but a good front end with the ability to:

* Rip directly from CD

* Encode metadata (well!)

* Ability to convert FLAC -> MP3

* Some type of automation would be a plus -- my goal is to re-rip all of my CDs in FLAC

I know it's really easy to find *something* that does this -- I'm just looking for some suggestions!

Free is preferred, but I'm not against paying for a quality product.
dbPoweramp is probably your best choice here. The CD Ripper does everything you are asking for (and does it well), but it also has AccurateRip that compares your rip to the rips of others to see if they match, so you can be sure of an accurate rip. Highly recommended.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts