Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just checked www.bpcvalue.com They have 37, YES, 37 VPLLCW10 short throw lens available for 83% off of list price. That comes to under $3**. They are "B" stock, thats why there is a B after the part #

You can find them if you go to the site, then to the category link LCD projectors. scroll down about half way. (22 items down when I looked), and place your order. Last time I posted about them having these in stock, they were gone in about 30min. Hope you all can get yours before they are gone!

Good luck

73's

Al

·
Registered
Epson 6050UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,367 Posts
the site doesn't state that either lens is for the HS10, it talks about a PS10 I've never heard of. I need the long throw lens but am not sure $7** is worth it vs. just going with a larger screen...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by WynsWrld98
the site doesn't state that either lens is for the HS10, it talks about a PS10 I've never heard of. I need the long throw lens but am not sure $7** is worth it vs. just going with a larger screen...
The lens (and the site) predates HS10, so don't be surprised that HS10 is not mentioned. In addition the lens comes from the professional side of Sony, so only the pro projectors are listed there. If you have any doubts that the lens is for HS10 then may I suggest a little RTFM of the HS10? :)

·
Registered
Epson 6050UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,367 Posts
I don't have an HS10 (yet) so I don't have the TFM to read (hee hee). If I don't get the add-on long throw lens I have to get a 130" diagonal 16:9 screen to get the throw to work. With the long throw lens I can go with a 119" diagonal screen. I'm a little concerned about the 130" image being a little too big based on a seating of 15-16' away but also am not thrilled about spending $7** for an add-on lens...

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You can get the HS10 manual from www.hs10.com in the HS10 forum. Mind you the short throw lens started at ~$700 for a B stock one as well. Maybe the long throw lens will follow suit? They both have the same retail and street prices for brand new ones.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
do these option lenses replace the original HS10 lens? or do they screw onto it? I think I heard awhile ago that if you got either of these optional lenses that you couldn't use the HS10-supplied filter. I'm wondering if that is due to threading or if it adds onto the existing HS10 if there isn't room inside the area that has the plastic that encloses the lens in from dust.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Those are add-on lenses that screw onto the thread where the filter normally is. You can't use the filter and the lens at the same time since the add-on lens to HS10 lens distance is critical for focus. If you try to insert a filter between the two, most likely you will not be able to achieve sharp focus.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
ugh, thanks for the info. I'll go with a larger screen and forget the optional lens so I have the option of using the filter and save $$ in the long run.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'd like to use a CC40R glass filter on the HS10 to improve blacks but I'm not sure even if one is made available (e.g., by Steve) for the larger long throw lens if it will work properly. I'm wondering since the long throw lens is an addition, not replacement, for the existing lens if we're talking significant reduction in lumen output.

If I understand things correctly the plexiglass cover has to come off if the long throw lens is attached? This might mean an increased likelihood of dust problems?

Also, the warranty on the VPLLCT10.B on www.bpcvalue.com states "B Stock, sold as is with no warranties of any kind". I'm a bit concerned about this. Anyone know where Sony may have gotten these lenses?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.