Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new here, and recently jumped into the HDTV ring,

I have a Comcast HD box going to a 30" Samsung HD monitor.

I have noticed a "flash effect" while watching indoor sports casts, mainly basketball and hockey. Strange as it seems, it only seems to happen on the camera angle from a distance, not close-ups or floor shots, etc.

My HD channels are incredible, although I have seen this flash on some HD basketball games on ESPN HD channel. I have had Comcast out on 4 occasions since I got my HD tv, and they are clueless as to the problem or resolution. Last guy said it was camera's in the arena reflecting either off the ice or seats of the arena....can't say I buy that explanation. I did watch the AFC and NFC title games and they came in beautifully.......anyone have an idea of my issue????

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've noticed the same thing when watching Hockey, I narrowed it down to what I believe is light reflecting from the overhead scoreboard system in the arena, they often play replays or ads during stopage and I think this is where it's coming from, I've also noticed it in Baskeball arenas, I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I notice it alot more during game action, not during time-outs. Really driving me crazy not being able to resolve it

·
Registered
265 Posts
Perhaps it is the flash from the photographers. I believe that the photographers can hook their cameras up to activate flash units (called strobes) that are installed above the court/ice in the catwalks/girders.

This site has a great explanation of these units:

Click Here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.