AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently hooked up my Bravia 46" LCD TV with HDMI back to my PC using a DVI to HDMI adaptor. Every time the TV is turned on or off, or an input setting is changed, the monitor on my PC flashes black for a second. Is there a way to prevent this from happening, other than disconnecting the cable? I'm using an ATI Radeon X800XT graphics card. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
I don't quite understand your problem. You have both the Sony TV and PC monitor hooked up, and when changing your inputs or turning the TV on/off, the PC monitor switches off for a second, but comes back on? Is this really a problem? Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei Clark /forum/post/0

I don't quite understand your problem. You have both the Sony TV and PC monitor hooked up, and when changing your inputs or turning the TV on/off, the PC monitor switches off for a second, but comes back on? Is this really a problem? Or am I misunderstanding the problem?

It is a small, but annoying problem. It is most annoying with gaming (as this computer doubles as a HTPC and a gaming PC). It's very distracting when in a multiplayer shooting game, and suddenly having a "black out" for a few seconds.

I'm hoping that there is something I can configure in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. If not, I'm interested to know if this issue also occurs with Nvidia graphics cards, as I will be purchasing one (an 8800GTX) in a few weeks with a new PC.

·
Registered
27 Posts
CCC/Disply options/Display detection options/Use manual.....

I don't know if this will help in your case but the same flashing of the displays happens when you start CCC. It is an automatic detection of analog displays that checks if the outputs of R, G and B signals are loaded with 75 ohms. If not loaded the output is disabled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.