AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mits HDTV for just under 2 years and up till today I've had no problems whatsoever. This afternoon when my son turned the TV on to play some PS2 the picture kept flashing on and off. My wife checked and it also did this via my HD-STB and HD-DVR. I was at work so I asked my wife to unplug the TV till I got home. Well after work I plugged the TV in and it seemed normal again for a little while. Now while watching a DVD it's doing it again. Once of twice every five minutes or so the screen goes completely black but only for a split second. Does anyone know what's causing this problem? I'm worried I'm in for some expensive repairs since the TV is out of warranty. I'd appreciate any and all help available.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's strange, the TV is working fine today. Still, I'd like to know what may have caused this in case it happens again. Anyone?

·
Registered
998 Posts
n2blu,

Do you have seperate cable from each HD source direct to different inputs to the TV or a switcher at your rack with one component set from there to the TV? I suspect the cables to the TV are damaged or are providing an intermitent signal because of poor connection. Try removing each cable at each connection and re-installing with a twist while pushing on so as to wipe the connection clean. Otherwise perhaps the switching device has a problem?

TerryB

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryB
n2blu,

Do you have seperate cable from each HD source direct to different inputs to the TV or a switcher at your rack with one component set from there to the TV? I suspect the cables to the TV are damaged or are providing an intermitent signal because of poor connection. Try removing each cable at each connection and re-installing with a twist while pushing on so as to wipe the connection clean. Otherwise perhaps the switching device has a problem?

TerryB
Thanks for your reply. I'll try reconnecting each cable and see if that does the trick. Though that would imply that each device connected to the TV has bad wiring since this flashing problem was happening with my DVD player, HD STB, and HD DVR. So that's seems quite doubtful. I dunno, anything's worth a try at this point. ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
n2blu,

If each source is connected seperately direct to the TV, then the problem would be in the TV. I said above, if there is a common set of cables from a switch then it could be in the cables.

TerryB

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
what model mits do you have. could be heat issues?? or power issues? the dlp's have fans and also a dust screen on the side that needs to be cleaned at least once a year. (do it every 3 months to be sure)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.