AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would really like some guidance/help about what is going on with my TV that is connected to my. Over the past year or two my JVC Genessa 37" LT-37X688 has behaved oddly when I turn it on or switch inputs. It would start with the right half of the screen tinged purple(not divided perfectly down the center with a straight line, but curved). The purple would then recede over about 5 seconds or so and the TV would be fine. Nothing changed for probably close to a year. Then this started happening ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIrPmAfTDQo ). During just normal TV watching (connected to a computer) this occurs sporadically. Maybe a couple times a day or nothing for a couple days. Any thoughts on what component is failing that would cause this? About a month ago I took the TV apart for the first time to clean it (it was very dusty) and to check the connections. Nothing was loose but the behavior seemed to stop for a couple weeks. Now its back again. I'd really like to salvage this TV because I can't find a nice TV with a matte screen. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Last week my JVC LT 37 started acting the same. I came here looking for answers. The previous post describes the problem pretty well (better than I could articulate). TV is maybe 4 years old, in bedroom with maybe 5 hours use per week. Currently problem dissipates after 5 minutes. Thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts