AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a Denon AVR-591.  I use HDMI for cable box and BlueRay inputs with HDMI to the TV.  When I select one or the other after watching a good screen the screen starts to flash with the picture on it.  Sometimes it will stop on its own and other times I have to power off the AVR for about a minute and then the new screen will stabilize.  I have tried using HI Speed HDMI cables without success.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for the reply.  I do no know how to reset the AVR-591 unit.  I have tried using "hi speed" HDMI cables.  I purchased "monster" cable and put it between the AVR output and the TV and it seemed to work a little better but after being on for awhile I switched from the cable box to the blue ray and sure enough "flashing screen".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

When I first start out the TV screen is fine, either with the cable box or with the blue ray or dvd player.  If I change selections between devices or go to menu on the AVR the TV screen will start to flash on and off.  The TV tries to find out what is wrong without any success.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

By very close observation I noticed that the flashing appearance seems to be caused by a vertical sync problem.  I looks like the old vertical roll on old TV's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts