AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Building a new house and are hopeful to move in by Oct. 1st. A new twist came up though when the wife thought it would be nice to put the TV above the fire place to free up floor space, which does make sence. The only problem is that I can't hang out Hitachi 57" rear projection above the fire place

So now we need to find a flat panel. I really don't know a thing about them and haven't followed them at all, so any brands and models would be great. Also don't know it we should go Plasma or LCD.

Like mensioned this will be above a wood burning fire place, it will be about 20" from the fire place to the TV with a mantel inbetween. The TV will be recessed 4" into the wall.

1) mainly used for HDTV(Dishnet) we have a dedicated Theater Room for movies.

2) Want 1080p 24hz capable

3) 4 HDMI inputs (Sat, X-Box, DVD, Network player)

4) Clear smooth picture (Nascar)

Guess that is all I can think of right now, thanks for any input. I attached a picture of what are setup will be also.

·
Registered
15,765 Posts
IMO, this is a big mistake. Your neck will get very sore from looking up at a bad angle. You don't say budget, but IMO the Panny V10 series is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillP /forum/post/16956885

IMO, this is a big mistake. Your neck will get very sore from looking up at a bad angle. You don't say budget, but IMO the Panny V10 series is the way to go.

Thanks I will look at that. I really don't know where my budget will fall untill I do some looking, need to buy a projector also. If I have to choose I will go cheap on the Flat Screen to get a better projector.

As far as viewing angle it will be 8.2degs up to the screen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts