AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling this thread will get very few replies, since very little reviews or posts ore on these types of speakers.

There are a few things I am curious about if you own them.

What brand do you have? Martin Logan/ Vienna Accustics/Monitor/B&W etc?

Are you runing 5.1/7.1?

what type of reciever or pre/pro to you use?

what are your settings?

What sub are you using?

How do you have them installed floor stands/wall?

I have B&W FPMs insufficiently powered by a Denon 1804 reciever and Denon 800 dvd player, but I am trying to decide on what to upgrade to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Vancouver..

Looks like you were right about few replies, anyway....

I had been thinking Maggies but, I just bought a pair of Martin Logan Ascents and am experimenting and breaking them in. So far I like them tremendously, but need to experiment with placement etc. My Sub won't arrive until tomorrow so I can't really settle on placement 'till it's all together. They seem to sound brighter in my room than at Tweeter, but I can tell that space matters. My room is slightly smaller and harder than the Tweeter listening room. I have them on furniture dollies at the moment to make it easier to move them about. I'm not sure what the dollies do sonically, but I assume they cut the low end somewhat. The Ascents come with a set of spikes to use when things settle down, and the speakers are about 2 inches higher than they will be on the spikes.

These are my first high end (?) speakers and I am still sitting with my jaw slack at the difference in definition from my previous setup. I am loving reduced listening fatigue.

I have McIntosh C26 Pre and MC2505 Power Amp. (50 wpc), so am perhaps underpowered but so far seems quite adequate for my room and listening habits, (not too intense).

Couple of notes dwelling on the obvious. They are BIG. They are heavy. They are cool.

I'd be interested in advice from others about the MLs.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My friend's got B&W FPM's.

I think a 5.1 setup.

Haven't heard of for myself so cannot comment.

But he likes it.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Here is a couple pics of my setup. Martin Logan All the way around. Using the Sunfire theater grand signature to run the Monoliths and the other amp running the center and rears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.