AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a new flat panel TV for the downstaris living area but I don't know what to look for. Something around the realm of 42" would be fantastic and in the realm of $3000-$4000. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Eric Baer

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I believe you should be able to fit the 42" ED in that budget.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
No ideas at all. We should really start discussing those panels here. :)

Just kidding....

Read some threads, you'll have great questions after spending a couple hours learning some things.

Mark

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rogo
No ideas at all. We should really start discussing those panels here. :)
Mark, you crack me up. So what did you like at CES? See anthing that looked promising?

I've been bitten. Always looking for the "greener grass on the other side of the fence."

Too answer the posters thread, as a Joe Sick pack kind of guy..your price range, as of today, sort of dictates an ED set. Basically, it all depends on what content you view and the unit that looks best to you.

It's your money, enjoy it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think 4k gets you into the cheaper HD sets, and maybe some good ones if you look around. I would think that would be your first decision, ED vs. HD. For me and many others ED made sense, but go look at some and compare and come to your own conclusion. Do some reading and decide what's important to you. Commercial or consumer model? Do you primarily watch DVD's or is HDTV important to your? Is DVI a necessity? Can't get into all the deatails now, but there's plenty of discussion of these topics in this forum.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
"So what did you like at CES? See anthing that looked promising?"

I think LG will become a serious player in plasma.

I think Sharp still gets LCD, even if they didn't upgrade their 30" for too long (market reasons).

More if I ever get a report together.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IAMCRAZY111
I want a new flat panel TV for the downstaris living area but I don't know what to look for. Something around the realm of 42" would be fantastic and in the realm of $3000-$4000. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Eric Baer
Do you want a Plasma with speakers/tuner ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered a panny TH-42PHD6UY with mount and 2day shipping for ~$4600. That’s a HD monitor not ED. Get regular shipping and cut $100 or so off of that price. Get the ED version and cut it by $1400.

I didn't get the extended warranty since I am buying on a credit card that gives me an extra year on the warranty. I might decide to add one in the next couple of days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.