AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up my home theater and there is a problem I don't believe I will be able to run speaker cable down the ceiling through the walls. I have 5 B&W 600 series speakers and am needing a solution to my wire problems. I do not want to loose any sound disadvantage and do not want to have wires all over my floors. So has anyone used SuperFlat Mini Speaker Cable made by Monster cable? They say you can paint over them and they will lay flush? Will these be any good? Anyone have any other suggestions? Currently my downstairs system is conected to 12 gauge wire. So i really don't know what to do! Thanks

~Ryan

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had the same problem and went with Nordost Blue Heaven cables, which I ran under the carpet. These cables are relatively high end and pretty expensive compared to Monster Cables, but they sound excellent in the right system.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Hide your wiring behind the base boards (skirting boards?).

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use Audioquest 14 gauge flat wire with my rear channel speakers and they sound great. I imagine the Audioquest wire is better than the Monster mini, but that's only speculation since I havn't used the Monster product. I do use Monster 12 gauge with my back channel surrounds and I can't hear any difference in the sound quality. I use Carver Pro/Pheonix Gold, Zero Point, Musical Reference 4, Bi Wire high definition, vari-core speaker cable on my three front speakers.

·
Registered
645 Posts
This is a big IIRC but I believe partsexpress had some really inexpensive flat speaker wire and also accessories4less.com. Check'em out.

Till

·
Registered
645 Posts
If you can fit and afford it I'd go for 12awg, just to be on the safe side. The longer the run, the thicker the cable is the general rule. 12 should be very sufficient up to 50 ft.

Also check out another thread on the super flat cable. You'll find links there to more affordable solutions than Goertz and Audioquest or Nordost. My memory did serve well; those links are in the other thread.

Till

·
Registered
443 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Till
If you can fit and afford it I'd go for 12awg, just to be on the safe side. The longer the run, the thicker the cable is the general rule. 12 should be very sufficient up to 50 ft.

Also check out another thread on the super flat cable. You'll find links there to more affordable solutions than Goertz and Audioquest or Nordost. My memory did serve well; those links are in the other thread.

Till
I searched for "superflat", "flat wire", "flat cable". I cant find the other thread you are talking about. Do you happen to have it in an old email?

·
Registered
645 Posts
monkey, you already found it, you even posted on it. It's right on this forum page. The one where you posted about the f... virus.

Check out the links above if you didn't already.

Till

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.