Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please -

What flat wall mounts have worked for your Pioneer 50 inch 503CMX?

Has anyone used the PSM-501F from Dell?

Has anyone used the PDWB-5003 from Pioneer?

Where have you purchased your mount and what did it cost?

Thanks

Al Vorne

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I do not have this particular plasma, but I used cleats of the type used by custom cabinet installers such as California Closets to hang cabinets weighing hundreds of pounds, to mount my Panasonic.

You need a board about 1" x 6" x the length of the back of your TV. Saw this board lengthwise at an angle. This will give you two cleats. Fasten one of them to the wall securely (must attach to studs) and fasten the other to the back of the plasma using metric bolts and washers available at any hardware store. Then simply hang the TV on the cleats. Total cost,

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I got the Peerless tilt mount for about $150. The flat mount is even cheaper.

Steuert believes I wasted my money. I don't.

The basic Pioneer mount you list is probably quite fine as is the Peereless flat mount. You need to decide if you want to spend $100-140 for something purpose built or if you are confident enough to do something jerrybuilt like steuert recommends. You can understand the difference of opinion here, I'm sure.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help

Steuert - I have carpenters available now while the house is being built so the cleats would be easy for me to have fabricated. I am a little nervous about keeping the plasma from being damaged while the cleats are being put on.

Rojo - I will look into the Peerless flat mount

dbwalleye2 - I will check the premier web site.

bossanov - I will research the Chief Static PSM 2081.

No one has mentioned the PSM-501F listed at Dell as a pioneer that other people list as a Premier - Or the PDWB-5003 shown by Pioneer as thei official mount.

Am I over researching this thing? Does it make any difference?

Al Vorne

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alvorne,

I have used the PSM-501F from Premier. Although it is a flat mount, it still sticks out a bit. If you want really flat against the wall, you will have to build a recessed box for your plasma per MississippiMan's posts. You might want do a search on "MississippiMan.

Here is what my plasma setup looks with PSM-501F:

front view:
http://www.cho-e.com/plasma/TN_IMG_3772.JPG
http://www.cho-e.com/plasma/IMG_3772.JPG

side view:
http://www.cho-e.com/plasma/TN_IMG_3776.JPG
http://www.cho-e.com/plasma/IMG_3776.JPG

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
alvorne - On my Panasonic, there are four mounting holes in the back of the cabinet. They are recessed, and must be brought even with the surface of the cabinet in order to properly fasten the cleat. This requires buying metric bolts of the proper size and length and some washers to put under them. The only conceivable way damage could result is if the bolts were too long and penetated too far into the cabinet. On my set, this would be difficult to do as there is at least 3" clear behind the bolt holes. It should be easy to check the Pioneer to verify that it is similarly constructed.

BTW, since you have access to professional carpenters, you might ask if they think a mounting arrangement such as I have described would securely hold a plasma weighing 125 lbs. or so. Their answer might reassure some of the skeptics on this Forum - or it might scare me into buying a factory mount!

P.S. - If the house hasn't been drywalled yet, you might want to measure and note where the studs are, since you will have to fasten the mount to them no matter what hardware you select. Easier to locate them now than when the drywall's up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone used the PSM-501F from Dell? Any comments?

Has anyone used the PDWB-5003 from Pioneer? Any comments

Al Vorne

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered the 503cmx plasma and mount from dell and it shipped last Tuesday but not yet received.... Will let you know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alvorne,

THe PSM-501F from Dell is the Premier mount. I posted my comments and pics of the mount above. Might want to read some posts instead of just posting same questions over and over.

mcho

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mcho - I had read your posts including the pictures - Thanks. I wanted to get additional comments from other users.

Thanks again

Al Vorne

·
Registered
224 Posts
mcho,

Can you tell me how far the seating is from the monitor ? How do you like the hight & if you were doing it again would you go with a tilting mount ?

Thanks for the help,

-RJ.

·
Registered
131 Posts
RJ28462,

I actually installed the tilt mount first but my wife didn't like it. It was protruding too far out from the wall so she had me remove it and install the flat mount. The tilt mount I used was the Peerless brand. It was actually a very nice mount - very sturdy and adjustable. Anybody want to buy it from me? I still have it.

As for the height of the plasma - I had it much lower before. Approx 12" lower. It was about 3" above the top of the fireplace. It was very comfortable for viewing but looked kind of odd being so low. The ceiling in the room is over 20' and the plasma did not look right at the lower height. Now it is about 5' above the floor and it is verycomfortable for viewing from my primary seating location which is about 10' away from the plasma. From the side sofas, it is not ideal height but is acceptable.

mcho

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi alvorne,

I am in the same boat, looking for a wall mount. I looked at PSM-501F spec. It has only 1.25" horizontal adjustment. Just because of this, I will have to drop it out of my list. The other one you mentioned, I will look it up later today.

I hope I can get something under $200.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm trying to mount the PSM-501F as we speak and I can see how it's going to be a problem...it leaves very little space (2-3 inches max) for side-adjustments.

It bolts down to 2 studs only, hence the problem if the studs are not perfectly spaced (as mcho posted in an earlier thread)

I'll drill some pilot holes to verify the stud-finder results, the lug-bolts are big enough to split the stud in 2 if they're not installed exactly in the middle.

I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.