AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have lot of 2" flex conduit running in the house. The builder wants these conduits to be caped so that the house passes the energy star certification. Right now my AV installer just put a tape, but are there any caps available or what did you guys use ?

·
Registered
10,866 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you give me a link ? Or this is available in local store ? If he uses this or a cap then we need to remove pull string from conduit.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy  /t/1522589/flex-conduit-cap/0_40#post_24485045

Can you give me a link ? Or this is available in local store ? If he uses this or a cap then we need to remove pull string from conduit.
???????????????

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
If you can't find a 2" cap at HD/Lowes that will fit well, then use DuctSeal (available at HD/Lowes).

·
Registered
6,052 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Just duct tape the end. You don't need to remove the pull string to put duct tape on. In fact, it's better to fold the string over and tape it to the conduit so it doesn't get pulled through by accident.

Not sure why you would spend money on anything else.

You could probably leave them open and get less than 5 ACH if the builder did a good job building the home. Of course you should seal them; just demonstrating this doesn't need to be a $500 project.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts