AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My experience with 3D shutter glasses at 60 Hz was that the flicker was much more tolerable if all ambient lights were off. I suspect that even at 120 Hz, people will prefer to watch their 3D in a darkened room. So, I think 3D front projection onto a big screen in a dark room will be far better than watching a 3D TV set. And, in a dark room, nobody sees how stylish your glasses aren't.

·
Registered
HT Room: Atmos 7.1.4 with 117" 21:9 AT DYI screen & prism; Bedroom: Atmos 5.1.4 with 55" OLED
885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickMcKaha /forum/post/18219876

My experience with 3D shutter glasses at 60 Hz was that the flicker was much more tolerable if all ambient lights were off. I suspect that even at 120 Hz, people will prefer to watch their 3D in a darkened room. So, I think 3D front projection onto a big screen in a dark room will be far better than watching a 3D TV set. And, in a dark room, nobody sees how stylish your glasses aren't.

As far as I know, incandesent light is not a problem, but any kind of neon light is pulsing at the power grid frequency. In the US, you might not see much of an effect from that, since the shutter glass flicker frequency of 60, 120 or 240 Hz in a multiple of 60 Hz, but in europe with the 50 Hz power grid, this appears to pose a big problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts