Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again.

Got no answers to my previous thread so here we go again!

I have got an almost new 1031-QM. The PJ worx OK for composite (ghosting and bleeding) but now I want to run RGBs. DVD outputs correctly and PJ receives correctly (I think) but the image flickers alot. Its almost as if every second horiz line is missing (half the vertical resolution) and the rest of the lines jumps up and down about two pixels. This prob is not there when using composite.

Is this normal?

Could it be corrected in some way (maybe some adjustment)?

Do I need a Line-Doubler?

Henrik

·
Registered
383 Posts
What kind of dvd player are you using? It must have an rgb out if you are able to connect it to the 25 pin input of the sony. Is there a switch on the dvd player that switches it to progressive scan-I'm not sure how you are hooking this up.

Wayne

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, its a no-name DVD-player. I´ve rigged it for RGB-out, but I doubt that it is progressive scan.

All I use is a fully coupled Scart-Scart cable of decent quality. I hook the DVD-player to the PJ and push RGB2. Image is sharp and has nice colours but it flickers like mad. The text on my DVD-movies jumps up and down by atleast 25% so it is rather hard to read without bleeding eyes.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I'm surprised your getting a picture from it at all-your dvd is sending a scan rate of 15.75khz to the projector-but your projector in rgb mode wants 32khz. You need a line doubler.

Wayne

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think Wayne is incorrect - there's a lot of posts here about how some sony's (that one, I think) require a special RGB breakout cable to maintain the sync in the signal. There's someone here on the forum that makes them for a small fee or you can get the instructions from him and do it yourself. One of the 1031Q people will chime in soon (DaGamePimp is a 1031Q man - you might try e-mailing him).

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
So you rigged a stand-alone to do RGB out? Rigged as in soldering and adding/eliminating semiconductors or rigged as in cables? What you need is either:

* a HTPC and the special cable (or a a RGBS to DB25 adapter, and a RGBS cable, and a computer interface box)

OR

* a line doubler, a stand-alone DVD player, a RGBS to DB25 adapter, and a RGBS cable

I'd go the HTPC route, especially with the 1031Q since an HTPC can give you DVD resolution whereas you'd loose some horiz. resolution with a line doubler.

·
Registered
16,596 Posts
Guys , he is using a 1031QM [ European - PAL ] . It has a scart input which is not the same as the american NTSC RGB2 input .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-- I would say that going the HTPC route would be best but if you are trying to get a better signal via SCART from composite I really don't think you will have a significant improvement [ better yes but other problems can occur as you have found ] . The 1031Q does require composite sync .

--- I do not build the SCART adapter for the 1031Q but if you wish to gather the needed information and parts then I would be happy to build it for you .

--- Best of Luck ,

---- Jason Berg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, if I have got this right:

I cannot use the PJ with my DVD via RGB-SCART without line-doubler?

As the 1031 has a HScan range of 16-36kHz and the DVD-out is at 15.75kHz the PJ is just barely able to lock to the sync ergo massive flicker, or...?

I really do not want to go HTPC as that means investing a great deal in computer parts, Im a poor student... ;)

Thanx for all the answers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you tried NTSC DVD-disc ?

My problem is that NTSC disc is steady but PAL disc flickers, PJ is 1031QM and player is normal stand-alone DVD connected with Scart cable.

Does anyone have clue what causes flickering at PAL material ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.