AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung HL56A650 RP/DLP hooked up to Verizon FIOS,and have recently noticed ficklering white lines and dots at the very top of the screen in some broadcasts, it appaers to be doing this in HD mode, because I can switch it to STD for the same station and not see it.

Here is an example, I was watching the local news last night in HD and saw no problem, then they went to commercial and the screen size shrank, as it will sometimes do losing about 5 inches on each side, I guess that's 720p or 4:3? ( pardon my lack of knowledge here ) and that's when I notice it, so I changed to STD for the same station, same commercial, and did not see the flickering, I have also seen the same issue in some programing of other broadcasts.

It seems like I saw a post on this when I was researching which DLP to get, but can't seem to find it now.

Is it a feed or braodcast issue? is there anything Ican do to compensate for this? I don't think it's the TV because I don't see anything like this from

viewing DVD or VHS ( yes some of us still have a VCR )

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
You can sometimes see the broadcast information, and that is what that line is, if you have the tv set to Just Scan, or 1 to 1 pixel mapping. Just Scan takes away overscan which is normally enabled to hide broadcast info. It pushes the tv picture out a few inches all around so the broadcast info is hidden behind the bezel. So check that setting and set it to 16:9 instead.

Just Scan shrinks the screen a little on all the sides and is usually used with computer hook ups for better computer reception.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I do have it set to just scan and will change it tonight to see what happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts