AVS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dynaudio Excite line is being discontinued and can be had at a nice price. Even better used. X34 should be in your price range.
Which sellers? Thanks.
Online at Crutchfield,World Wide Stereo,Dedixated Audio or anyvDynsudio dealer. Used look at Audiogon or US Audiomart. I see X38 listed for $2200. Should be all or more you’ll ever need.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I hear ya

Are the T2 worth the extra $300 in your opinion or anyone else
Im close to Ft. Lauderdale and have the EMo T2s and Chane's
Feel free to contact me if you want a demo

Reactions: iceatola

·
Registered
560 Posts
I’ve been very pleased with Goldenear Triton 5’s. Have had them for a couple of years and I’ve yet to cease being impressed. They fit your price range spot on. Another I’d recommend are the Revel F206’s. I went back and forth between those two models and consider them a virtual coin toss difference. One other thing to keep in mind, and this is rarely discussed on the boards: MSRP DOES NOT always equal real price—unlike internet direct companies like SVS or Emotiva. In other words, you have to do some real research and talk with dealers and folks who have bought the models in order to get an idea what the cost of a particular model really is (and sometimes, there is a major discrepancy between msrp and prices an authorized dealer is willing to sell at).

·
Registered
8,298 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I’ve been very pleased with Goldenear Triton 5’s. Have had them for a couple of years and I’ve yet to cease being impressed. They fit your price range spot on. Another I’d recommend are the Revel F206’s. I went back and forth between those two models and consider them a virtual coin toss difference. One other thing to keep in mind, and this is rarely discussed on the boards: MSRP DOES NOT always equal real price—unlike internet direct companies like SVS or Emotiva. In other words, you have to do some real research and talk with dealers and folks who have bought the models in order to get an idea what the cost of a particular model really is (and sometimes, there is a major discrepancy between msrp and prices an authorized dealer is willing to sell at).
The ex GF has the triton 1s They are awesome but out of my price range. lol I wish they were in my range.

Maybe Ill get the triton 5s there about the same price as the canton Chrono series 596...wonder how they stack up sound wise....

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
T1 and T2 are similar designs but the T2 is a better choice for larger rooms.

Same for the C1 and C2.

Most with Emotiva match the B1 with C1 and the towers with the C2 but all who own the C2 say it is huge so make sure you have the space.
Yes the C2 not small, I have a picture attached of my living room. The C2 us under the tv for size reference the tv is a 70" screen and the towers are JBL Studio 590's which are about 4 feet tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yes the C2 not small, I have a picture attached of my living room. The C2 us under the tv for size reference the tv is a 70" screen and the towers are JBL Studio 590's which are about 4 feet tall.
Yeah they are huge!!!

With a quality sub, if your room isn't massive, you could be better off with higher quality bookshelf speakers.
I have bookshelves I think I want something that can produce more sound. And quality sound

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Yeah they are huge!!!

I have bookshelves I think I want something that can produce more sound. And quality sound
No worries, I personally prefer towers over bookshelf speakers myself, them jammed in next to my TV is proof lol. I like the JBL's but they aren't for everyone. The Emotiva T2's are good speakers with that AMT tweeter. But they are a 4 ohm speaker, so if you listen really loud it might be a bit hard on your AVR. The Klipsch RP line is pretty good, they have tamed some of the infamous Klipsch harshness from what many people have said. You really should drop by a Best Buy Magnolia store, I am sure there is one close to you, and take a listen to some different brands and see which way you lean, sound wise. We all like different sounds. What I like you may hate. You have a pretty decent budget, for the front 3 only right? So you have many options.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
No worries, I personally prefer towers over bookshelf speakers myself, them jammed in next to my TV is proof lol. I like the JBL's but they aren't for everyone. The Emotiva T2's are good speakers with that AMT tweeter. But they are a 4 ohm speaker, so if you listen really loud it might be a bit hard on your AVR. The Klipsch RP line is pretty good, they have tamed some of the infamous Klipsch harshness from what many people have said. You really should drop by a Best Buy Magnolia store, I am sure there is one close to you, and take a listen to some different brands and see which way you lean, sound wise. We all like different sounds. What I like you may hate. You have a pretty decent budget, for the front 3 only right? So you have many options.
I was at Best Buy last week

I liked the B&W 703s then the Martin Logan motion 40s

Yeah Im looking at 3 front speakers. I have an SVS PB1000 and I can use my bookshelf speakers as rears if needed

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I was at Best Buy last week

I liked the B&W 703s then the Martin Logan motion 40s

Yeah Im looking at 3 front speakers. I have an SVS PB1000 and I can use my bookshelf speakers as rears if needed
Both of those would probably be a massive step up from where your at currently. I wish I was in the market for something that high end, which in a round about way I was when I bought the JBL's, they retail at $999 each, but they run %50 sales like all the time so I got them both for a grand.

·
Registered
21,615 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
The ex GF has the triton 1s They are awesome but out of my price range. lol I wish they were in my range.

Maybe Ill get the triton 5s there about the same price as the canton Chrono series 596...wonder how they stack up sound wise....

Well, I have good news for you. The T5’s can hang with the T1’s until you hit the very, very low region (but if you’re using subwoofers already, it doesn’t matter). Both its tweeter and mid-bass drivers are identical to the T1’s, I believe. I have T5’s as my front LR and two subwoofers, and I’d put that combo up against T1’s any day. I have more output at the low bass level than the T1’s and I have the luxury of placing my subwoofers in different locations from my towers.

Granted, there may be an argument to be made that T1’s, in an anechoic environment, have a more seamless transition from the mid-bass region to the lower bass region when listening to stereo music. But I think there’s a very strong counter to that argument. Having access to two separate subwoofers gives you the liberty of finding ideal subwoofer placement, and it gives you the ability to use better subs, at the same price as the Triton 1’s, anyway.

Your price range of 1,500-2,000 is the T5’s price range. 2,000 is the absolute most you’d be spending on them because that is MSRP (hint: find a dealer who deals and doesn’t simply sell at MSRP).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: sigpig
21 - 36 of 36 Posts