AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved into a rental house and am relocating my home theater to the basement. Based on the shape of the room, there is really only one place to put the screen, and that dictates projector location (Mitsubishi HC5000). Of course, this location is in the center of the room.

Ok, so toss up the ceiling mount, and away you go. Unfortuneatly, this won't work do to the nature of the ceiling. So my best option appears to be a pole stand with a shelf. The pole will be immediately behind the couch, so it won't be too bad.

The best option appears to be a Premier Mounts 84" Floor Stand with a shelf .

This appears very stable, and I could easily adjust the projector position. I'll only be in the house a year, so doing a more involved permanent install doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have any ideas for a more economical solution?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the suggestions. The base of the tripod is too wide, so folks would trip over it. The $40 is nice though.

The airstand is very interesting. Saves money over the pricey Premier mount.

On thing I like about the Premier stands is that the base is assymetrical (it extends forward far more than back) which makes sense for a front loaded shelf. I would slide that part under the couch.

I'm tempted to call a couple of welding shops, and see if they can weld a pole to a base plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts