AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I like build my home theatre. I would like to start with floor standing speakers. Friends please suggest me a good floor standing speakers for the budget of max 80k indian money. would be thankful to your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Badri

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrisuper /forum/post/20788307

Hi friends,

I like build my home theatre. I would like to start with floor standing speakers. Friends please suggest me a good floor standing speakers for the budget of max 80k indian money. would be thankful to your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Badri

Could you convert that to US$ for us, that way we can find something in your budget? Otherwise, what is your currency called?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstatic /forum/post/20788320

could you convert that to us$ for us, that way we can find something in your budget? Otherwise, what is your currency called?

>$1400. In indian currency it is rupees 80000.

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
It would also help us if you can tell us what you have access to...

Otherwise you'll get lots of "look at Acoustic Zen", "look at Aperion" and "look at Axiom"...

None of those 3 are available in India.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20788339

It would also help us if you can tell us what you have access to...

Otherwise you'll get lots of "look at Acoustic Zen", "look at Aperion" and "look at Axiom"...

None of those 3 are available in India.

Thanks for the immediate reply schan. Jamo, Klipsch, Martin Logan, Focal, KEF, Polk, Bouston Acoustic, Energy, Definitive,paradigm, wharfdale, Epos, Mardant short, Monitor, Dali and few more. But no axiom or aperion.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Id suggest dali, focal and wharfedale from that list

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, you can definitely get Axiom speakers delivered to India, and we have lots of happy customers there. To see pricing, on our homepage navigation bar on the upper right, click on the drop-down to select India.

If you email me, [email protected] , and tell me a little about the room you’re placing the speakers in, I’d be happy to give you some suggestions.”

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
^^^ my bad on Axiom...

I thought that since they were ID, they wouldn't ship there.

It would help to know your musical tastes. There are speakers known for warmth, others known for being "in your face"...it all depends on what you like.

The Dali Lektor line would be a great place to start.

I've had the pleasure of hearing the M50 and M60. They are really good for the money spent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofarzong /forum/post/20788862

What kind of music do you like? What are the specs of your listening area? What are your current sources?

My interests 50% of music, 30% of movie and 20% gaming. I have onkyo, to power th speakers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by schan1269 /forum/post/20789147

^^^ my bad on Axiom...

I thought that since they were ID, they wouldn't ship there.

It would help to know your musical tastes. There are speakers known for warmth, others known for being "in your face"...it all depends on what you like.

The Dali Lektor line would be a great place to start.

I've had the pleasure of hearing the M50 and M60. They are really good for the money spent.

schan what is your setup? what you prefer if your going for to buy a floor standing speakers. you know which floor stand speaker is best you think?

·
Banned
2,914 Posts
I use these in my three HT's...

OHM Walsh 5 and 3 (bedroom)

Infinity Crescendo 3007 (basement)

Waterfall Audio Victoria/Iguascu/Elora (living room)

Not sure if you have a "used" market there in India, but you might find Crescendo there.

I did just sell DCM TF600/350 with a surroundscape.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 /forum/post/20788988

Id suggest dali, focal and wharfedale from that list

Hi Callas,

Can you please suggest the particular model the mentioned brands?

Friends any idea about martin logan motion 10, epos m22i? or any other suggestions? Iam eagerly waiting for your advice. Please pour information and suggestion.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
The best thing to do is audition the speakers you have available where you live. We all can suggest brands, usually OUR PREFERRED BRANDS, but everyone's hearing is different. So what one person might like, the next person might think is junk.

I've read over the years how good speakers X, Y, Z were and when I finally did hear them, I would not have taken them for free.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD /forum/post/20790813

The best thing to do is audition the speakers you have available where you live. We all can suggest brands, usually OUR PREFERRED BRANDS, but everyone's hearing is different. So what one person might like, the next person might think is junk.

I've read over the years how good speakers X, Y, Z were and when I finally did hear them, I would not have taken them for free.

Very true. I was going all out for B&W685s / 684s based on reviews and comments on forums until I heard them. Settled on the MA Silver RX6s finally.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerms /forum/post/20790910

Very true. I was going all out for B&W685s / 684s based on reviews and comments on forums until I heard them. Settled on the MA Silver RX6s finally.

Perfect example of what I was saying. In fact, I've auditioned B&W in at least 3 cities, and none of those times did I walk out of the showroom thinking I just had to have those speakers.

Now auditioning the Revel Salon2 in '09, that was a totally different experience. If I would have had the money, I would have walked out with a pair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullerms /forum/post/20790910

Hi fullerms,

MA means Monitor? Today I auditioned wharfdale 10.7, Paradigm monitor 9, Paradigm studio 100 and Monitor rx6 & 8. Monitor was superb. I am not satisfied with paradigm or wharfdale but Monitor is superb. Any comments and experience on Monitor? Monitor can have experience. Please share your experience with me.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badrisuper /forum/post/20791138

Hi fullerms,

MA means Monitor? Today I auditioned wharfdale 10.7, Paradigm monitor 9, Paradigm studio 100 and Monitor rx6 & 8. Monitor was superb. I am not satisfied with paradigm or wharfdale but Monitor is superb. Any comments and experience on Monitor? Monitor can have experience. Please share your experience with me.

MA are good. You can also try B&W 683.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts