AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an option to buy JBL ES80BK or Infinity Primus P363BK. Frys electronics sells these pretty cheap compared to other stores (about $200-280 for pair).

I will be using these without sub or central in an apt to start with - which of these you guru's suggest I should get?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I would think that the JBL ES80BK is the better speaker; JBL lists them at $399 EACH!!

Are you sure about the price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsaleforall  /t/1416681/floorstanding-speaker-buying-help#post_22151164

I have an option to buy JBL ES80BK or Infinity Primus P363BK. Frys electronics sells these pretty cheap compared to other stores (about $200-280 for pair).

I will be using these without sub or central in an apt to start with - which of these you guru's suggest I should get?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - frys listed this as a two day sale on their website. http://www.frys.com/ads/page29

They had the infinity for sale last sunday, and the manager told they will have it again this weekend. So $277 for a pair of jbl vs $200 for a pair of infinity primus... not sure what they have in plans for july 4th weekend ....

·
Registered
80 Posts
After looking at each, I second the choice for the JBLs. The Infinity design just doesn't look great; only 4 screws each to mount the drivers and they "overlap" and touch in some areas and the tweeter is below the mid-driver, which doesn't seem ideal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts