AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just curious if anyone knew anywhere/anyone in Florida with a CRT Projector setup that they'd show to someone curious about them, and/or if anyone knew of CRT Projectors for sale in Florida. Thanks very much, bye!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I live in miami area and would be happy to show my setup 9500lc corio 7200 and highend vandersteen 5 surround system. pm for details if interested

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi -

Just bumping this old thread since, after getting discouraged by missing out on a few opportunities, I'm once again in the market for a CRT projector.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am located in south miami if you are interested, 9500 total light control 10 ft by 20 feet with super high end audio. pm

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the offers!

I'll let you know if I can find the time for a trip!

In the meanwhile, if you guys know anybody else in Florida who's looking to sell their current projector in order to upgrade, or anything like that, please PM me about it! I still haven't had any luck finding one for sale in the state on Videogon, eBay or Craigslist.

I wouldn't even mind one of the entry-level sort that they used on airplanes or in bars or whatever, with the 7" tubes and low lumens - just anything to start getting a feel for how they operate and how to set them up, you know?

Okay, thanks again, bye for now!

·
Registered
12,820 Posts
Scott and CJ are in your area. They may not have anything though. I have two pjs, but one doesn't work. I would have to think about selling them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks for the tip! I don't know those guys.

I tried asking on Craigslist but so far I've just gotten spam. :p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello!

Sorry, I have never owned a CRT Projector before so I cannot be sure that I know exactly what you mean -

The Barco Vision 1200 are the older analogue variety, yes?

That would be fine for me!
Since I have never owned a CRT Projector before, it is probably a smart idea for me to buy one of the older, less costly ones, so that I can become accustomed to the principles of maintaining a CRT without risking too much expense if I find that I can't keep up with it or can't setup my room as extensively as a more costly model would warrant.

I'm interested in any model with any kind of capability, really - what will decide my purchase is just condition and price.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi again!

People keep PMing me about possible deals but never follow up after my reply! Am I doing something wrong?

Some recent developments have prompted me to clarify the following point:

If the tubes have any noticeable wear at all, I need for it to be in a 4:3 pattern instead of a 16:9 pattern, since almost everything that I watch is 4:3.

Okay, just thought I'd mention that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not getting too many viable leads so far.

I've posted here, Craigslist, and am keeping an eye on Videogon and eBay - but only a few items are turning up, and the selection isn't very good.

Are there any other sources I could be checking out, in addition to those mentioned above? Or any other places I can try posting?

How much does shipping cost on a Curt Palme projector? $250?

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedumbhead /forum/post/16596506

How much does shipping cost? $250?

shipping within the lower 48 states is between $100. and $150. to freight depot near you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedumbhead /forum/post/16583971

Hi again!

People keep PMing me about possible deals but never follow up after my reply! Am I doing something wrong?

you have to keep in mind that most people come here looking for a free projector, or something for $200. Most people don't want to bother with all the trouble of shipping a machine and spending a big chunk of their time for that. There's been a few posts of "free 1272 come and get it" but it's not common and the chances of it being close to you are slim.

So maybe post what your budget is. You could get something shipped to you for a reasonable cost but a re-furbished machine with a warranty and no issues comes with a price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedumbhead /forum/post/16583971

If the tubes have any noticeable wear at all, I need for it to be in a 4:3 pattern instead of a 16:9 pattern, since almost everything that I watch is 4:3.

Okay, just thought I'd mention that.

well your in luck there, most patterns are 4:3. However, the bigger challenge is finding a wear pattern that's full size and even. A Windows desktop will compltely trash a tube making it useless for home theatre.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Welcome

...for a starter set look for nothing short of an 8 inch model AC!

Anything less would be a waste of resources...short of getting a 7 inch one for free.

350 is the norm on shipping.

Curt is a champ when it comes to customer service and his CRT's are "healthy" (...to say the least!)

Keep on looking and they do show up on CL from time to time...the trick is to be patient!

Martin

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prehjan /forum/post/16597516

350 is the norm on shipping.

Martin
to Spain yes, Florida no

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Hi. I'm in Atlanta with a NEC 9PGxtra. I upgraded to a 10PG about a year ago. (Actually drove to S FL to get it.) I have a 4:3 120" Stewart screen that I used with it (went to a 16:9 AT screen). Great CRT pj and I can make you a good deal.

I bought the PJ from Curt Palme when it was about two years old. Never a hiccup. Manuals, remotes, etc. included. Hate to see it in the closet unused.

You can PM me, if you like.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts