AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone receiving the game in HDTV? It's not here in Houston.

Frank

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
It's in HD here in NYC, although they seem to be using an inordinate amount of stretched SD shots, at least in the introductions. We'll see when the game begins.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Vic!

I called the station and was told they're "working on the problem".

Let me guess......the Flexicoder is down again?

Frank

·
Registered
912 Posts
Does anyone know the Houston affilate number?

I called TWC and they won't do anything till more people call!

OUT

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Looks good. They seem to have fixed the optical problem (red outlines) on the high 50 camera. There is some noticeable edge enhacement, though.

They say they listen to us, but why do they keep stretching the SD images to 16:9? It's not like we haven't complained about it enough!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am really needing the CBS number so I can call those lame jackasses.

OUT

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Call the newsline at 713 521 4384.

It looks like the guys that know how to fix the Flexicoder are off today. Good timing. :(

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the equipment is shared with the SD show. The stretched stuff is gear that is not made in HD format yet. About 80% of the show is true HD. As more HD gear is made there will be less stretched pictures

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I thought the whole point of this football endeavor was to promote HDTV. To me that means 100% HD if you're going to grab the attention of those potential buyers or viewers watching on friends' sets. For at least ONE game per week SD should take a back seat to HD.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Of course, the "LJs" are all over it.

They know there is a problem (applause...) and they are "working on it". They don't take phone calls though, so who knows what the problem is...

I hate being in the minority.

OUT

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THey need to reload the software into the Flexicoder and reboot it. That should fix the problem.

I wonder if they are doing it?

Frank

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick
All the equipment is shared with the SD show. The stretched stuff is gear that is not made in HD format yet. About 80% of the show is true HD. As more HD gear is made there will be less stretched pictures
I fail to see the point here. Are you saying that the SD stuff cannot be made to look 4:3 because it's shared with the SD show? That doesn't make any sense. We know that the stretched stuff is gear that is not made in HD format. The point is that you need to show that in 4:3, not stretched. It looks AWFUL stretched!

And that high telestrator replay camera is the worst of the lot. It's got so many rainbows and color bleed that the people look like just blobs of color! You need to switch that camera with one of the HD cameras that are at field level. The telestrator shot is too important to have it look so bad. I'd rather lose one of the field level HD shots.

·
Registered
912 Posts
OK, quick update:

I just called about 15 minutes ago and then had my wife call again just now. If I had kids, they would be on the phone too.

If you haven't called yet, do so. The more complaints they get, the faster the response to fix the problem.

Anyway, the girl on the other end says that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

I don't know exactly what they are doing since I cannot talk to anyone but her.

The number is 713.521.4384.

OUT

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It takes over 30 minutes to reload the software into the Flexicoder and reset it. I've got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mine are too.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ABC just picked up a viewer and CBS lost one.

The ABC movie is pretty good and it's widescreen.

Frank

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's on now. It looks good!

OUT

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm not that impressed with the quality of tonights game. About the same as last week, in my opinion. The motion artifacts are really bad, especially with the close in shots. And I keep getting these horizontal ridge-like lines on the closeups. Quite distracting.

I'm going to agree with those in another topic, HDNet was far, far superior with the Harvard-Yale game today. Maybe the CBS guys could get some pointers from them???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.