Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My wife and I are going on vacation to Orlando FL the 1st week of June, and am wondering whether anyone had any suggestions about places where I could go and demo PJs...preferably ones in the $2k - $3.5k range. It would be great if I could take advantage of the vacation down time for some demo-ing.

Thanks!

Will

·
Registered
19 Posts
I understand that both the Florida Home Theater store located in Altamonte Springs and Absolute Sound located in Winter Park have the PLUS Piano set up for demonstration.

At a retail outlet, they typically don't seem interested in selling the less expensive projectors.

Enjoy your stay. Bring money.

Ray:cool:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Go to the "Street of Dreams" in Winter Park. ( www.streetofdreams.com )

This Home Show has several media rooms setup.

Absolute Sound-Full Theater w/Runco big hitter.

Electronic Creations-Media Room w/Z9000 & Crestron

Another Dealer that I did not know had a nice DILA setup.

Tickets $10 Thurs/Fri

$12 Sat/Sun

Thank You

Brent MCCall

·
Registered
766 Posts
Wish I had had the foresight to inquire about Home Theater stores in the Orlando area! Rats! We just came back from Orlando.

We did Disney last year, and Universal Studios "Island of Adventure." The kids (And me too) loved U.S. many times more than D.W. Do Not Miss the Spiderman Ride, and don't pass on the 3-D glasses. It was a great ride. I can't wait now until they encode DVD movies with signals to turn on water atomizers and propane torches - Wow, what a home theater experience that would be!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Brent,

Thanks so much for the Streets of Dreams info., it's a great chance for me to see these really cool set-ups (out of my budget certainly...), but it's cool b/c it's got a good WAF (wife approval factor) built right in! I think most wives wouldn't mind as much if there were cool homes to look at with decorating & furnishing ideas as well, thanks!

Ray,

Yeah, I agree...I've had some great experinces with a small % of AV retailers, they're the ones that you can tell really love it and don't mind like spending 1-2 hours sitting there explaining stuff to you while demoing all their different set-ups. That's cool, but a lot of these guys are so blatantly biased towards the more expensive stuff (and of course the brand they carry) it's a huge turn-off! It's like, "Oh, what? You're interested in xxx brand? (which we don't carry) Frankly, we would never recommend that brand/unit - it's just not quality." It's even more obvious when you go in having done research and know that they're basically BS-ing you, arghh.

Anyways, thanks for the recommendations everyone, I'll check as much out as possible.

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.