AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought someone else started a thread for this already, but I can't seem to find it.

So.....

I saw Flushed Away for the first time today. I actually went in thinking this would suck, but was extremely pleased with this offering from Dreamworks. I don't think Pixar is about to be dethroned as king, but this still looked great, and is funny, and is family safe.

Sure, it has the adult references that young children may not get, as well as the typical happy ending, but how else should an animated movie end?

And as funny as the Ike & Tina Turner bit was, the Tom Jones routine was even more hilarious. I laughed out loud several times, something I rarely do. This is a keeper IMO.

FA gets a rare 5 Stars

· Registered
7,482 Posts
On my kids urging, I bought this movie. Big mistake.

Me, Grandma, and the 2 kids gave it about 30-40 minutes to start to develop. While the animation was fine, the story was so tired and predictable, all of us agreed to permanently shelve this value-less flick.

IMHO of course.

· Registered
Denon AVR-X3500H; Sony UBP-X800M2; EFE speakers; Outlaw Model M amps; SVS sub; Epson 8350 projector.
1,683 Posts
We rented it last weekend. I also expected nothing much but found it to be entertaining, funny, and quite inventive. After it ended, my 5-year old asked to see it again right away, he liked it so much (though we did not grant his request). I'd actually recommend it as a fun family movie.

· Registered
191 Posts
I agree with those of you who describe it as a pleasant surprise. I knew that it had bombed (at least in terms of return on investment) at the BO, and that is not a good sign for a CGI animation movie. But I really enjoyed it. Lots of jokes and references for the grown ups and some beautiful work with the CGI. Actually, the above ground stuff wasn't as well done as the sewer. Anyway, I give it a solid 7/10 and recommend it.

· Registered
7,570 Posts
Same here. The trailer gave me little reason to think it would be any good at all and word of mouth was bad so it took me a while to get around to it and it turned out to be one of the funner movies of last year IMO. WAY better than Cars. All the Aardman wit was there. The plot might be hackneyed fish out of water stuff but ALL animated movies are basically hackneyed plots. FA is near the top of the heap IMO. It did cause a problem with my friend's four year old though, who is now convinced there is a magical world down their toilet.

· Registered
4,653 Posts
Very enjoyable. Slow to start but funny none the less. It's heavy on British humor which some may find a bit dry. Still I would (and do) recommend it.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Of course I laugh at everyones pain but my own. I'm French

Best line in the movie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.