AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of production setup this entails, are costs lower ect.

Our local hockey team is hosting the ECHL playoffs and I have had a couple of conversations with the GM about HD. He is a big HDNET fan and would love to find out what it would take to get the ECHL championship games on HDNET. Also our local college team wmay be interested (Bradley University) but that may be a whole different can o worms.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Talk to Bob Jacoby at HDNet. They have often said "If you have the programming rights, we'll send the truck". However, they do require about 3 months lead time.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Mark Cuban posted in another thread that they are using a fly-away dish to cover Hurrican Isabell, so look for some HD coverage coming on HDNET.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Mark Cuban posted several weeks ago in another thread that the fly-away dish is for events that don't require a HD truck. The fly-away is able to be flown to the site. I got the impression that it was a dish and one or two HD cameras that fit into a large suitcase or trunk.

Rick R

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marissadad

Mark Cuban posted in another thread that they are using a fly-away dish to cover Hurricane Isabell, so look for some HD coverage coming on HDNET. [/b]
Now I know why they call it a Fly-away dish!!! ;) ;)

·
Registered
331 Posts
dynamo -

Let me know if you need help drumming up support for the ECHL All-Star game on HDNet. It'll be fun to watch my Trenton Titans play with your guys.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Here is the latest in Drive Away dish technology. For live VSAT communications at up to 70 MPH. Small mods needed for HD operation. Does DTV very nicely.

This was the uplink used by MSNBC during the hurricane coverage.

I had a chance to climb all over this vehicle and use it when it was parked outside the building this summer.

GT

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...ewID=news_view

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.