AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
This is the kind of movie you don't watch for the intricate plot or oscar winning performances. It's all about the dogfighting, baby!

Marc.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc D Carra /forum/post/0

This is the kind of movie you don't watch for the intricate plot or oscar winning performances. It's all about the dogfighting, baby!

Marc.

AMEN!! This one is gonna be a looker. A real demo show off piece for Blu-ray. The Bulletproof Monk BD has the trailer for this in glorious 1080p and it just looks amazing. Crisp 3D look and lots of **** blowing up!! Mindless Summer movie!! I'm so there!!

Best Buy actually has this title available for pre-order in store pickup. It's the only Blu-ray title that has been available for this feature. Very curious. I preordered it and I was sent an e-mail today saying it was in stock at the store but not available for pick-up til the 23rd.
At least I know it's one new title they will be stocking this coming week.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I saw this in the theater... wasn't great, but certainly much better than your average Pearl Harbout. I got the BR at Wallyworld last night... won't be able to preview it though as I'll be heading out to see Letters from Iwo Jima

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
"Inverse Proportion Theorem" of video quality. Meaning that the more atrocious the movie, the more fantastic the transfer. Like dangling crack in front of an addict, otherwise-sane early adopters are compelled to plunk down cash for a movie they would never in a million years waste their money on, only because it looks so damn good. - Highdef digest

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.