Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two questions about this card, combined with dscaler:

1. Does it allow you to control it's aspect ratio(i.e modifying 4:3 video to properly fill a 16:9 display, cutting off the top and bottom of the image rather than stretching)?

2. Can this card run at a 1440x960 resolution?

I'm trying to decide to the Flyvideo route +dscaler, or the H3D route. The H3D can do both of the above.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
yes

If you mean will this card allow you to input an S-video source and scale the image to 1440x960p while running Dscaler, the answer is yes. Scaling is performed by your video card.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Aspect ratio control is configurable in Dscaler.

The H3D and a FV2k/Dscaler are very different paths both with a common end point. The H3D has both component, S-video input and SDI inputs, requires much less system resources (CPU power), has a well designed GUI and Faroujda deinterlacing. The H3D will also work with Dscaler so you sort of get the best of both worlds. Most consider the H3D to be THE standard for a clean video input to the PC.

The FV2k/Dscaler combo gives you a single S-video input, TV tuner and a range of deinterlacing options and filters to choose from depending upon your setup. The best algorithms require a lot of CPU power for optimal performance. If you need more inputs Dscaler will recognize additional inputs so one could install a second capture card if desired. The FV2K card seems to be one of the better low cost input cards with respect to noise floor and some with both cards have said its noise floor is similar to the H3D.

Decide what your needs are and have fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.