AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Flyvideo 3000 and want to use the tuner with dscaler and stereo sound. I have the card selected as LifeView FlyVIDEO3000 with the tuner set to LG TAPC-new [NTSC]. The video is great but I get no audio. Dscaler doesn't seem to have any MTS Stereo options.

The Flyvideo software is installed and sound works fine but the deinterlace is no where near as good as dscaler.

I also have a Flyvideo 2000 and it works fine in mono with dscaler.

Anybody have any success with the 3000?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My workaround:

I can get stereo sound with dscaler by first setting up the chip's audio section using the Flyvideo software and then killing the process with the task manager. The sound remains. When dscaler is started the sound is correct as the tuner channels are switched. It will stop when descaler is terminated and start again when dscaler is started as long as I don't reboot. I am using the latest WHQL driver from the Lifeview site. The driver that came with the card bluescreened on reboot.

A bit more information:

The Flyvideo app has an interface to control the sound processing on the SAA7133. It controls the volume, balance, bass, treble, automatic volume leveling (AVL), and Philips Incredible Sound. They seem to use BTSC for stereo TV.

Dscaler Support?

Does anyone know if there are plans to support the SAA7133's analog subsystem in dscaler?

Here are the features. I see they have an SDK available.

AUDIO SUBSYSTEM

Input - One (1) analog SIF port

Two pairs (2) analog stereo baseband inputs

Output - analog One (1) analog stereo port (for loop-back to

sound card or local headphones)

digital PCI bus or up to 4 channels through 2 I2S ports

Decode formats - BTSC (with dbx noise reduction), SAP, EIAJ

Sample rates - 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz

Clocks - Selectable: 768*fs, 512*fs, 384*fs or 256*fs

24.576 MHz to external audio reference clock

Locked to video frame rate

ADCs - Two (2) 16-bit baseband audio