AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have both a FM and UHF/VHF antenna installed at my house. The FM goes to my Denon 3802 which is in the attic and the UHF/VHF (roof mount) goes to my RCA DTC-100. I had good luck with the Radio Shack FM antenna until i installed the antenna for my RCA. Now i have problems with only the very high FM signals (107.9 FM). Both antennas are running RG6 with the UHF having quad shield RG6. I was wondering if there is a UHF/VHF trap to help my FM antenna? I have seen the FM traps with Radio Shack but did not see anything to help my FM reception.

Dave

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
You had an FM antenna in the attic by itself, connected by a coax just to an FM tuner and it worked well, and then you installed a VHF/UHF combo antenna in the same attic, presumably near the FM antenna, connected that new antenna just to your RCA DTC-100 tuner, and it appears to have degraded your FM reception?

Your antennas may be too close and interacting with one another. Most VHF/UHF antennas are good FM radio antennas. Try removing the FM antenna and using your VHF/UHF antenna as your FM source as well. You will only need an ordinary splitter to share it. (I am assuming that is does not have an internal preamplifier with an FM trap in it). I don't see a bandpass filter or a band reject filter helping you in any application.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. The two antenna's are about 6-8 feet apart, I had good luck with the FM antenna but 107.9 was hit or miss before the install then after the FM antenna i had very good luck. I will try using my HDTV antenna and see what happens.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.