AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took it down to check some things on my PT-AX100U and used a vacuum to clean the filter and some of the foam part got immediately sucked into the vacuum. I searched this forum and the suggestion seems to be to use a air filter for the outlet of home heating vent. I don't know their thickness but the old filter appears to be 3 1/4 x 3 x 1/8 inches. Very hard to measure as every time I touch the remains it falls apart into dust.

I also found this filter at Lowes that seems like it might be a candidate
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-Common-15-in-x-24-in-x-0-1875-in-Actual-15-in-x-24-in-Washable-Cut-To-Fit-Air-Filter/1196229

It is 1/16 thicker than what I think the old one was but then again it was so old it might have been compressed and held the size.

What do people use?

BTW, while I am considering replacing this with a new projector, I am not going to throw it out and want to use it in the meantime.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Yeah, that should be fine. It's just designed to help keep the dust out of the innards. So, that replacement foam should be just fine for that purpose.

I was a big fan of the AX100 back in the day. The lens shift and zoom range was incredibly good at the time. Epson is about the only game in town for that much placement flexibility.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that should be fine. It's just designed to help keep the dust out of the innards. So, that replacement foam should be just fine for that purpose.

I was a big fan of the AX100 back in the day. The lens shift and zoom range was incredibly good at the time. Epson is about the only game in town for that much placement flexibility.
Thanks for the quick reply. You mean the Frost King (as opposed to heater vent foam). Or perhaps either?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought both the Frost King Air Conditioner filter which is foam and 3/16 thick and the Web Vent Filters. The Frost King material is a bit thick for the projector but it worked and that is what I used. The heater vent filters are the correct thickness at 1/8 but it is not foam and I was concerned little fibers might come off and get somewhere that would be a problem although I consider that unlikely. I wanted to close the loop in case anyone else has a similar problem and is wondering what to use.

Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts