AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a pair of the Focal Electra SR1000 BE surrounds off of a closeout sale from a dealer who went out of business. I do not intend to use these as surrounds but thought it a great way to purchase 4 BE tweeters and 4 6.5'' W's for a great price.

Well after some research I find that the 6.5'' W drivers in the SR1000's are the Focal 4359-W6 drivers whereas the 6.5'' W's in the 1007BE bookshelves are Focal 4361-W6 drivers. Their specifications are very similar with the one I have purchased being 4 ohm and the other being 8 ohm. I have attached the specifications to this post for your review.

What size enclosure would you recommend for these woofers? Also would vented or sealed be more ideal? I have been developing an idea similar to the enclosure B&W uses for their Kevlar midrange and am considering using this but the drivers appear to be very suited for a vented enclosure after some basic modeling. Has anyone had any DIY experience with these 6.5'' drivers (W4359) and the BE tweeters. Thank you so much for your help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts