AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy some used Focal 716s speakers and the matching center channel. I've used Focal in car audio many times and been very happy with them, but never heard home audio by them and I don't have a dealer nearby.

These are used, but listed in perfect condition. Price is $600 for the set. I am able to go hear them, but the setup will be tuned for other speakers so it won't be exact.

What are the opinions on these speakers? How do they compare to B&W/Definitive/etc? I was looking at getting a pair of 684 B&W and have heard them, so if anyone can compare those two it'd be appreciated.

I've got a sub so not too concerned about their low end, I'd most interested in the clarity and dimensional sound - I hate flat/narrow sounding speakers. Receiver will be a mid range Denon (for now).

Any help here is appreciated.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I go through a lot of speakers and have had the 716v before. I would have no problems going back to them, thought they brought a nice full, clear sound with good imaging and midrange. Had mine paired with a Denon 4311 and TC Sounds Ultra 18" sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts