AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am newbie in buying speakers and receivers. I'd like to ask for your suggestions.

I will use speakers about 60music/40movies. I'm looking at the focal chora 826 and B&W 603 s2. They are similarly priced here in the philippines maybe 150USD more for the focals. What do you guys recommend? or maybe a different brand (tho choices are limited here).

Also, I'm thinking of getting a marantz sr5015 or Denon x2700 to for AVRs for these speakers. would that be fine?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The Focal is a much more neutral speaker than the B&W, so that's what I would recommend. The Denon receiver will be adequate for decent listening levels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Focal is a much more neutral speaker than the B&W, so that's what I would recommend. The Denon receiver will be adequate for decent listening levels.
Thank you will audition these 2 first before deciding. also ive come into another brand as well. The Elac Debut Reference. Any comments on this? lol.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thank you will audition these 2 first before deciding. also ive come into another brand as well. The Elac Debut Reference. Any comments on this? lol.
Tons of good brands try elac and anything else available . I have no clue what’s available there , I’m using Klipch

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tons of good brands try elac and anything else available . I have no clue what’s available there , I’m using Klipch
Thanks for replying! i want a more neutral sounding speakers than the Klipsch. i guess elac is probably the most neutral out of my 3 choices.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks for replying! i want a more neutral sounding speakers than the Klipsch. i guess elac is probably the most neutral out of my 3 choices.
Yea , so If Klipch is too bright , focal , elac, jbl , and other brands are good choices . B & w are treble boosted too, I’d still try everything in person, sadly no good local audio shops were I live .

I got ripped off by Best Buy credit card and a friend who didn’t pay enough of his share ...$300+ lost
They also sold me a defective hard drive .. lost another $105
I should had kept energy bookshelves ... epic fail, maybe Klipch towers are better tho . Infinity is one I’d like to try maybe someday.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
The Elac DBR-62 is a good speaker.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Elac DBR-62 is a good speaker.
The towers look impressive to me but there significantly costlier double ? Might be worth it if your a fan tho .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The towers look impressive to me but there significantly costlier double ? Might be worth it if your a fan tho .

Thanks man. every day i spend time researching.I add another speaker to my shortlist LOL. at this rate, Ill have more than ten to choose from LMAO

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Check out The Fyne Audio F-303. Easy to power 35 wpc. Plenty of bass. Sound is very similar to Tannoy. Company is based in Scotland. Started by former Tannoy designers.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Some really good suggestions on this thread. Like others, the Focal sounded more neutral to me than the B&W. You might consider listening to Revel though I have no idea if they are available in your area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Aesthetically i want the white/oak finish. so i guess i'll audtion the chora 826, b&w 603 s2 and the Elac DFR52.
But due to neutral sound, i will be probably be leaning towards the chora. but i heard the ELac dfr are neutral as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts