AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using the Focal 800 V series with the SW 800V? I'm looking at the 826V with the center, but the SW doesn't seem to have that great of specs (only down to 32Hz). Should I look at a Velodyne or some other sub? Anyone have one and happy with it? The shop doesn't have it hooked up.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsens /forum/post/0

Is anyone using the Focal 800 V series with the SW 800V? I'm looking at the 826V with the center, but the SW doesn't seem to have that great of specs (only down to 32Hz). Should I look at a Velodyne or some other sub? Anyone have one and happy with it? The shop doesn't have it hooked up.

Its not an SPL subwoofer. Its designed for tight/musical bass. Velodyne is a great home theater sub, but is not the best for music (with the exception of the DD series of course).

That being said, I would choose a Velodyne subwoofer, and run you mains as large in your processor so you are utilizing only the fronts w/o sub when listening in stereo.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect /forum/post/0

Its not an SPL subwoofer. Its designed for tight/musical bass. Velodyne is a great home theater sub, but is not the best for music (with the exception of the DD series of course).

That being said, I would choose a Velodyne subwoofer, and run you mains as large in your processor so you are utilizing only the fronts w/o sub when listening in stereo.

Interesting info...I gave up on "combining" my HT and musical systems. I figure when I'm listening to music on the Focal system, it's when I'm walking around the house and/or people are over, so I'm not concerned with it being perfect. I would like it to be good when I'm watching a movie, though. So, it sounds like I can get a reasonably priced Velodyne for movies and evaluate if I want to use it for music, or get one of the higher-end ones that's good at both (or are you saying the DD is for music - not as good at movies)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.