AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have (one more....) problem with my 8100, its impossible to get a perfect zoom like i did with my former hc5500 through the test pattern and ive noticed if i try to get a good (never perfect because is impossible) zoom in the lines of the test pattern, of the midlle and top horizontal, the lowest line is blurry and out off focus and the 2 vertical lines also, getting a better in the lowest line, the midlle gets worse!! is this a problem of the unit or a regular problem?!?!?! i miss my mits hc5500 becaus at least i had perfect zoom with it

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido /forum/post/19575601

i have (one more....) problem with my 8100, its impossible to get a perfect zoom like i did with my former hc5500 through the test pattern and ive noticed if i try to get a good (never perfect because is impossible) zoom in the lines of the test pattern, of the midlle and top horizontal, the lowest line is blurry and out off focus and the 2 vertical lines also, getting a better in the lowest line, the midlle gets worse!! is this a problem of the unit or a regular problem?!?!?! i miss my mits hc5500 becaus at least i had perfect zoom with it

I totally agree with you.. I have noticed the same thing once I upgraded from my Sanyo PLV-Z4.. the focus of the image was not that WOW than my PLV-Z4 I'm really disappointed on that and it make me feel that I don't have a full HD image. The image itself is good but everything I look at my Sanyo PLV-Z4 if I go close to the screen I can cleary see the screen door effect since the focus is soooo perfect.. but on the epson.. the pixel are still a bit blurry.. not enough to say ho god this is out of focus.. but you can see the difference..

I know the Z4 is a 720P so the pixel are bigger but still the 1080P pixel should be at least vieable on at 99% focus. The epson 8100 seem to have only a focus at 92-93%. One of my friend bought the 8350 and I'm going to compare with him and if I notice a difference I'll try to call Epson and see what they can do or worst case I'll sale it and buy another one (I know I'll loose money on the price since I got my 8100 at the time that it was 1399$.

It would be nice if other can comment on that.

I'll repeat when I watch a movie I don't really notice it but if it's a slow movie (comedy, drama) with text or substitle, i can see what "shiseido" is talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts