AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been having an issue with my projector with regards to the focus. I find on text that the picture seems to go in and out of focus. It is a strange feeling to read text on the screen as you feel like squinting even though my eyesight is good.

I don't seem to notice it on movies unless there is a close up shot.

I had a friend over last night and his comments "it makes you feel like you need glasses" seems to sum it up. I tried adjusting the manual focus but this does not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??? I would be loathe to pull the projector down and return it to the store for them to look at.

It is summer in my location but I have the room reasonable temperature controlled to mid-20 degrees.

Dave.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo man /forum/post/15470625

Hi,

Been having an issue with my projector with regards to the focus. I find on text that the picture seems to go in and out of focus. It is a strange feeling to read text on the screen as you feel like squinting even though my eyesight is good.

I don't seem to notice it on movies unless there is a close up shot.

I had a friend over last night and his comments "it makes you feel like you need glasses" seems to sum it up. I tried adjusting the manual focus but this does not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??? I would be loathe to pull the projector down and return it to the store for them to look at.

It is summer in my location but I have the room reasonable temperature controlled to mid-20 degrees.

Dave.

Mine has slightly soft picture when it is turned on. After a while when lamp and PJ has warmed up a bit picture becomes sharper. Focus on mine was set when PJ was warm. I guess that when glass lens gets warmer its shape changes a bit and knowing how shallow depth of field is with these this should be expected.

Other users have reported about this same behaviour. Some has it quite bad actually up to the point where picture is really blurry when cold and PJ needs to be focused again every time it is used.

I'd advise you to set focus when PJ has warmed up and if focus stays OK when PJ is warm but is slightly out of focus when it is cold you are OK. Otherwise you might have a problem with your unit and should return it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarking /forum/post/15482151

Mine has slightly soft picture when it is turned on. After a while when lamp and PJ has warmed up a bit picture becomes sharper. Focus on mine was set when PJ was warm. I guess that when glass lens gets warmer its shape changes a bit and knowing how shallow depth of field is with these this should be expected.

Other users have reported about this same behaviour. Some has it quite bad actually up to the point where picture is really blurry when cold and PJ needs to be focused again every time it is used.

I'd advise you to set focus when PJ has warmed up and if focus stays OK when PJ is warm but is slightly out of focus when it is cold you are OK. Otherwise you might have a problem with your unit and should return it.

Thanks for the reply.

I will try this tonight but pretty sure I have already set it when the projector is warm.

I only seem to notice this with text/words.

Dave.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by batborsen /forum/post/15482606

Hi! something you can do on this projector is to set convergence. Have you tried that?

Did do that when I set the projector up initially and found alignment was good. Will try again.

Thanks for the tip.

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts