AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being an idiot, I decided to try to save $15 on the cost of an Audio Authority VGA to component transcoder, regardless of the warning by another person's experience with their questionable practice of claiming "one" "clearance" unit available.

Trying to mitigate any possible delay and/or confusion involved, I called ahead and explained that my fear was that the unit was not actually available as a clearance item and that the order would be rejected.

After being (mockingly) assured that the unit was in fact available as advertised. I placed my order. And of course, it was rejected.

Oh...but I still had the option of completing the order for $25 more than the advertised clearance price.

Now, I'm sure some people might shrug this off as disorganization or an honest mistake, or whatever. I personally have seen enough filth in business over the years to smell a bait and switch tactic.

I wouldn't do business with this company if they offered to pay me for the transcoder.

Beware.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I know your pain - I feel the same about bluelight.com. The advertise low prices (on the 'net) and then email me that the item is not available.

I think this may be due to one of 2 things:

1. They might have poor inventory control via the web

OR

2. As you say, they might be commiting fraud.

I have had 2 cases in which bluelight.com did this - I don't give anyone a third chance.

Anyway, back to the forum...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.