Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't believe it!

I saw an advertising for the Toshiba TLP-MT3 for 3718.38 Euros (21% VAT included) on the well know (here) supermarket MaxiGB (recently bought by the french Carrefour).

So, from now, while buying your meat, vegetables and potatoes, think building your Home Theater! Our hobby is conquering the mass.

Amazing...

Untill yesterday, it was quite difficult to find shops selling a minimum range of projectors in this country.

"O tempora, o mores"

Carlos

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
mpg,

Fry's does sell a lot of "junk food" - candy, chips, snacks,

soda....these line the approach to the checkout counters.

Good thing too - if you've ever spent a few "days" waiting

in line to checkout at Fry's - then it's good that they

don't let their customers starve.

You never know what supermarkets are going to be selling.

I was checking out at the local Safeway - and at the head

of the checkout counter where they have the daily specials -

was a big stack of boxes containing DVD players!

I can just imagine someone getting a call from their spouse

at work - "Honey, on your way home can you stop by the

market and pickup a quart of milk and a DVD player?"

Greg

·
Registered
728 Posts
morbius

My post was a bit of a joke. For the benefit of our overseas members, the Fry family shut down their grocery stores a few years back, and reopened as a kind of semiconductor supermarket. At the beginning, it was a geek's dream, I remember going in to buy some RAM chips for my Apollo DN660 computer, and having a very pleasant afternoon buying other assorted odds and ends.

There is still a "Fry's Way" street in Concord, California, although the family has yet to reopen the adjoining store... I think it's leased as a shoe store.

Also, the local Albertson's supermarket was selling Lexmark inkjet printers last fall for about $50.

Next thing you know, AVScience will have a javascript box on their sales page saying "Would you like fries with that projector?"

apg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.