1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
For those considering this sub, also look at the Jamo 650 at Vanns. If you call you can get $50 of and free shipping, making it the same price as this.

I personally prefer big sealed subwoofers hence I went with the Jamo and couldn't be happier.

Awesome bass that is clean and tight. You'll be hard pressed to find something better at that price point. Pretty heavy at about 48lbs

·
Registered
896 Posts
Wish I could compare the Klipsch RW-12d with what I have but I have never had the chance to listen to it. I do own dual Pl-200s as I just added the PA-150 sub to the mix last week at I am very impressed with the sub, its a "keeper"... esp. for $340 (w/shipping).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I saw this special too and almost cried!... Im on the DIY process and I will going to spend around $1200 shipped. Sadly I already paid for enclosure and sub driver; even though my DIY will outperform this. Dual of this for $698 plus shipping I consider a bargain. I own a PL200; but I'm pretty sure this is a great bargain if compared with PL200.

For people who wants to replace cheap subs like Polk PSW10, PSW110 or people who does not have subs then this is the opportunity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I recently bought two of these at this price and am pretty happy with them. What sub(s) do you have now, and what other subs are you familiar with?

My thought process what that I would buy 2 at that price, and if I didn't like them surely I could resell for close to that amount and lose a very minimal (if any) amount of money.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Actually by holding the total budget to $350 to the door it is pretty hard to beat this sub.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint
Actually by holding the total budget to $350 to the door it is pretty hard to beat this sub.
while that may be true a small step up in budget and waiting for the "sale" to come back I still find the Outlaw LFM-1 EX at $550 to your door is the bargain of the year. It'll spank that Klipsch easily.

Also take a look at HSU and Element Designs (haven't heard either but seemed to be highly recommended). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu
while that may be true a small step up in budget and waiting for the "sale" to come back I still find the Outlaw LFM-1 EX at $550 to your door is the bargain of the year. It'll spank that Klipsch easily.

Also take a look at HSU and Element Designs (haven't heard either but seemed to be highly recommended). Hope this helps.
I agree.

I wanted a sub that had a real 20Hz output so I did exactly what you did and got the EX-1.

Jumping from $350 to $552 is is more than a little jump though and not an option for everyone.

I too heartily recommend the Outlaw LFM1-EX if you can bump the budget and wait for a sale.

·
Banned
35 Posts
This discussion is very relevant for me, as well. I was about to search or post, but this was at the top of the forum listing. Nice!

NewEgg keeps putting this guy on sale, and I really want to pull the trigger each time they do. My wife has even given the go-ahead since it aesthetically matches our RF-52II/RC-52II/RB-41II system.
But, as a forum lurker, I'm no stranger to the fact that Klipsch subs have a less-than-stellar reputation for performance here.

Still, at this discounted price - with free shipping - the RW-12d indeed seems hard to beat on value against possibly better-performing low-end options from ID companies. The HSU VTF-1 is $450 shipped, and the eD is $400 shipped (and backordered). These both have smaller drivers and less power... not to imply that these two specs alone define performance, of course.

I think a subwoofer upgrade is my next HT purchase, but for now I wouldn't want to pay a penny over $350.

So here's my honest question -- even if the RW-12d mightn't match similarly- or slightly-higher priced ID alternatives, will it perform noticeably better than my current BIC V1220?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is very tempting to me because I am just using a Sony sa-wm40 sub...so whatever I get should be an upgrade!! I was considering the PA-120 and also the PL-200, but this Klipsch seems like it would be a better deal and a better sub. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a question along the same lines as aerocowboy.

Anyone have any opinions about this sub versus the HSU STF-2? After comparing the more highly regarded subs within my budget ($350-400), I had narrowed my choice down to the HSU STF-2. I had never considered the RW-12d before since it is normally priced outside my budget, but at the moment they are roughly the same price ($350 vs STF-2 at $392 shipped). Which sub do you feel would perform better for HT and/or music?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkendall
This is very tempting to me because I am just using a Sony sa-wm40 sub...so whatever I get should be an upgrade!! I was considering the PA-120 and also the PL-200, but this Klipsch seems like it would be a better deal and a better sub. Any thoughts?
What are the dimensions of your viewing room?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys. I'm also debating between this and the BIC PL-200.

I've heard multiple times that the PL-200 is slightly better than the HSU STF-2 (it's almost its succesor), so you know it is a great sub. OTOH I haven't heard much about the Klipsch. Also the BIC can be had for $280, which is a nice plus for me...

I care mostly about deep bass performance. Use will be movies and music about equally.

So which would you pick?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint
I agree.

I wanted a sub that had a real 20Hz output so I did exactly what you did and got the EX-1.
Jumping from $350 to $552 is is more than a little jump though and not an option for everyone.

I too heartily recommend the Outlaw LFM1-EX if you can bump the budget and wait for a sale.
I'd say it's worth it. I mean that is like 4 dinners out. Sacrificie a little for one month if you have to. The Outlaw is a MUCH better sub then the Klipsch in every way.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.