Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup now is 6.1:

Yamaha NS-555 for fronts

Yamaha NS-C444 for my front center

Yamaha NS-333 for my surrounds

Yamaha NS-C444 for my rear center

My question is...I am framing in my basement for HT room and and pulling speaker wire for 7.1.....I am wondering if I should buy two more NS-333 and use them for my rears (7.1) or buy another NS-C444 for my rears (7.1)? I need to know this so I can frame in the correct support and mount my voltage brackets for these speakers

·
Registered
84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovw89 /forum/post/18280925

My setup now is 6.1:

Yamaha NS-555 for fronts

Yamaha NS-C444 for my front center

Yamaha NS-333 for my surrounds

Yamaha NS-C444 for my rear center

My question is...I am framing in my basement for HT room and and pulling speaker wire for 7.1.....I am wondering if I should buy two more NS-333 and use them for my rears (7.1) or buy another NS-C444 for my rears (7.1)? I need to know this so I can frame in the correct support and mount my voltage brackets for these speakers

I'd buy one more NS-c444 depending on space or sell the one you currently have and purchase a pair of ns-333. By the way I have a similar setup with NS-777 for towers.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
eurocarfan...so what to u think of em? I really enjoy em, for the price u cant beat them. Do you have your NS-333 mounted on the wall....if so what you using? I am looking to buy some and my head is spinning

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have my NS-333 as rear surrounds currently. They are mounted on custom speakers stands I built that are 37" tall to raise the speakers up just enough so the couch isn't blocking the sound. For wall mounting they have picture hanging type brackets on the back which you could use. I would make sure the screws are in a stud though since the speakers are 12 lbs. Your only other option would be to drill holes in the speaker cabinet to attach a universal swivel mount bracket. Not sure which one would be best. Check monoprice.come for cheap brackets.

The receiver I have allows for front height speakers which is how I'm getting 7.1. The room the system is in has no good placement for side surround and back surround to be used together.

I believe Yamaha speakers are highly underated and seem to fly under the radar. I would suggest getting a pair of NS-333 on eBay for the lowest price I've seen.

P.s are you into the euro car scene?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts