AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing this little thing with my DSS for a more theater like effect. My Sony DSS has a timer menu and if you set up the timer to turn on the DSS say a few minutes before the movie starts you can sit back in your favorite chair and enjoy a snack and wait for the movie to start automatically...just like a commercial theater! Nice little trick for those with a CRT projector and satellite. Well I like it...hope someone else does too. :)

-Audiophil

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Maybe you should sell yourself a ticket for each showing too :)

Good way to save up for new tubes for the future.

Marc

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
When I program an AMX system I do something simiar. Also, after the movie is over, or during an intermission, we have the DSS switch to a music channel just for background effect. You're right, it does add to the effect. Most clients love it!

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
YEP, I use the clasical music channel as I warm up the PJ. It is just like goig to the theater except it in my home!

I was thinking of incorperating my old slide PJ to do the stupid trivia thing before the move starts too :)

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I pour Dr. Pepper on my carpet and stick melted milk Duds under the seats. Then I get my neighbors to come over and talk during the whole movie... :D OK, just being silly!

Fred

·
Registered
294 Posts
I do the DSS music thing too. Then I lower the lights and play a few trailers from Quicktime, play one THX trailer and one DTS or DD trailer depending on the audio of the feature of course, and then the movie. I wish I had a way to automate the whole process. No WAF here, she loves it. :D

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Not me, using TheaterTek, I set my movies to start right at the studio's intro logo, then BAM I'm into the movie.

We set down with drinks and goodies, I ask everyone if they're ready to go...once I get that yes nod...we're off and running!

I don't like to waste time.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.