AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 8649 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG /forum/post/0


Well to a certain extent this is possible to do. You can get the actuators and retrofit them to your couch... To make sure your couch is sturdy enough you would have to frame it but it's possible... It's also a new technology that will eventually be able to reduce the cost as the production is increasing...

Sounds like your headed in the right direction for those that are financially challenged.
The retrofit would be what i am interested in. Thanks for the info Yannick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATER /forum/post/0


Sounds like your headed in the right direction for those that are financially challenged.
The retrofit would be what i am interested in. Thanks for the info Yannick


The goal is to become a Standard... If we want to do so we have to have some products at a lower pricetag
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG /forum/post/0


Well not necessarily as the German BD English track works so far... I'm guessing either the zones aren't set or they kept the Dolby Digital 5.1 US track which would be a + for us (still need to have it tested out). By the way on Monday we are shipping some demo equipment to our new Distributor in Australia... Hopefully you will see some D-Box advertisement in the coming month (I know he is planning to get a nice set up for CEDIA Australia).

Who is your distributor here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
Wavetrain acoustics... They are relatively new for distribution but they have a business vision that matches ours... You should see them at Cedia Australia this summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
Yannick, I noticed that you came out with the codes for The Departed. Why didn't you come out with the Blu-Ray codes at the same time? I am still waiting to watch my copy, so I can have motion with the movie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free /forum/post/0


Yannick, I noticed that you came out with the codes for The Departed. Why didn't you come out with the Blu-Ray codes at the same time? I am still waiting to watch my copy, so I can have motion with the movie.

Phil,


It's on now along with 6 other titles
The guys had the DVD finished late friday night it takes us at least the time of the movie and if there is any modification that we need to make it takes a little longer. We try to post them the same day when it's possible... There is not that much motion to the movie but when there is it add so much to it specially the gun shots. Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
Awesome, Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
Flight Plan

First Blood

The Prestge

Babel


I haven't watched the last two, so I don't know how much they would benefit from motion, but I think the first two would.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,065 Posts
Yannick,


I know that I'm asking this too frequently but is there any progress for HD-DVD codes? Do you plan to make it happen anytime soon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat /forum/post/0


Yannick,


I know that I'm asking this too frequently but is there any progress for HD-DVD codes? Do you plan to make it happen anytime soon?

Murat



It's still in our plan, but like I mentioned it before we are working with Toshiba to make this happen. As soon as I have any news I will let you know for sure
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
I can't wait for HD-DVD codes as well. I have 21 HD-DVD's. Here is my top list needing motion codes in order of importance
:


Grand Prix

Pitch Black

Chronicles of Riddick

Batman Begins

Aeon Flux

Hulk

Mission Impossible 3

King Kong

Serenity

Rundown

Fast and Furious

Troy

Fearless

Apollo 13

Training Day

Last Samuri


If you need me to beta test anything with my Toshiba X-A2, just let me know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
Hehe, yes Yannick.. allow me to be a beta tester for HD-DVD too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
By the way, can we please have Casino Royale as quickly as possible, rather than some more TV shows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts
At this moment their is nothing for you to beta test but when their is you guys will be the first one to know...


We are going to do the TV series differently now... we are going to encode them all straight so it would make more sense. I will have this note regarding Casino Royale in tomorrow morning. I'm sure it's going to be a priority (I'm waiting for it to be encoded too...
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS /forum/post/0


Hehe, yes Yannick.. allow me to be a beta tester for HD-DVD too


Gino


Any news on your system? are you functional now? There are a lot of beta testing possible with you my friend
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,816 Posts
Will be functional within a week or so
Will reply to your email when I'm setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS /forum/post/0


Will be functional within a week or so
Will reply to your email when I'm setup.

Excellent glad to hear it's coming
Are you also set up for Bluray? just curious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,718 Posts
My Blu-Ray collection has now out grown my HD-DVD collection, largely due to the D-Box support. I just ordered 10 more titles. All but three of them have motion codes. The three Blu-Ray titles that I ordered, that don't have the codes yet are:


The Marine

Kung Fu Hustle

Worlds Fastest Indian


It would be great to add those three to the list.



I am also holding off on purchasing the following titles, waiting to see if they will be getting Blu-Ray motion codes:


Vertical Limit

Bullitt

The Getaway (I haven't seen this, so I don't know if it will benefit from codes).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free /forum/post/0


My Blu-Ray collection has now out grown my HD-DVD collection, largely due to the D-Box support. I just ordered 10 more titles. All but three of them have motion codes. The three Blu-Ray titles that I ordered, that don't have the codes yet are:


The Marine

Kung Fu Hustle

Worlds Fastest Indian


It would be great to add those three to the list.



I am also holding off on purchasing the following titles, waiting to see if they will be getting Blu-Ray motion codes:


Vertical Limit

Bullitt

The Getaway (I haven't seen this, so I don't know if it will benefit from codes).


I know that one of our artist is working on Marine at the moment and it's going to be good
Kung Fu Hustle had been requested last week too... I will check tomorrow to see where were at. About the other titles I don't know but I'll get back to you. I should send your mail to Fox to show them the sale increase caused by the d-box motion codes
lol ... just kidding!
 
21 - 40 of 8649 Posts
Top